LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 LT1 All kinds of bad :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 LT1 All kinds of bad :(

Hey guys, I've browsed the forums for a while but never really posted. My 93 Z28 is all kinds of bad right now. The car ran poorly before as it had a literally random as can be miss and stutter and would clear up in a split second while driving like a Jekyll Hide act. No matter what though, it ran SUPER RICH. My bumper has been black the whole time. I was going to my buddys house and it died on me as I got in his driveway. It will crank but will not catch. The SES would come on randomly and then go away while running.

I scanned it for codes and I got them...a lot of them. Any thoughts on false codes or anything of that nature?

22 - TPS (I had just replaced it)
23- IAT Sensor
33- MAP Sensor (Same)
44 - Lean o2 reading
55 - ECM
61 - ?
65 - ?

Any ideas?

BTW I used this chart, I believe it is the right one for a 93 Z28 - http://www.troublecodes.net/GM/93_57J/

EDIT: Or is it this one? https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...eshooting.html
Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your speedometer act up at all? If you have access to a laptop and cable look at what the computer is seeing, not just codes. I searched and searched about my 93 running lean for roughly 4 years. After talking to Ion it was determined my ECM had some failing solder in it. I bought a spare ECM since mine was drive able and had it sent out and repaired. Fixed every issue I had with the car and it's quirkiness. It's a long shot, but definitely something to look into though.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM

The speedometer has been fine. HERE is a mind boggling one. So I just started making sure connections were good with the ICM and coil, which they appeared to be, i just tugged on them and random things just for the hell of it.

I crank it...IT STARTS! I'm scared to drive it but it starts. SES is on constant now too.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Sounds like you have wiring issues. Check your grounds, make sure that none of them have broken loose.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Launching!

When my coolant temp sensor was bad I was getting like 17 codes. Running super rich, like 8-10mpg rich. Missing, stumbling, etc etc. Would only start when the engine was cold, anytime after that I'd have to hold it at wot to get it to start.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KyleW707
When my coolant temp sensor was bad I was getting like 17 codes. Running super rich, like 8-10mpg rich. Missing, stumbling, etc etc. Would only start when the engine was cold, anytime after that I'd have to hold it at wot to get it to start.
This^^^. I had the same issue. Check the connector itself also......

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 All kinds of bad :(