LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone familiar with this

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone familiar with this

I just traded my dailey driver 1937 Chevy Old school Hotrod, Flames open headers, channeled 9" which with my Parkinson's Desease and Rheumatoid Arthritis had become painfull to my legs and back for a beautiful, low mile 1997 Pontiac Formula white in color and has what appears to be original paint. On each side down low on the rocker is Bandit 11 and on one side if the back bumper is Bandit 11 and on the other corner is LIMITED EDITION
on the hood in almost ghost colors is a grey Firebird covering the entire hood with a small reverse scoop. There is ground effects all the way around. The car has Hotchkis anti-sway bars and a frame stiffener from shock tower to shock tower. There is also a cold air induction and a throttle body by Arizona Speed and Marine. The car runs really strong, I ordered a new 93 Z/28 and deleted the power windows, seats etc. and added the G92 Performance Package and did some additional performance work. We don't make the exchange until Monday so I don't have pictures yet and when I do if someone wouldn't posting them for me I would appreciate it. As a result of three strokes I cannot comprehend or follow written or verbal instructions and I have relearned to do a lot of things but try as hard as I can I cannot post pictures.
Based on the above descriptions has anyone seen a car like this or know what it is, also the car was sold new in North Carolina and has been in the Southeast all of it's life.
Thanks
Old 12-15-2013, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

Im not sure of any limited edition firebird formula with bird on the hood and all the details your describing. The ground effects on the otherhand could be aftermarket or a W98 package, but i thought that was only for V6 cars I could be wrong. The G92 is a nice thing to have on an auto 3.23 gears instead of 3.08s? 93 was an oddball year for this the 6 speed had different ratios than the 94-02 so everything was a bit different manual and automatic wise.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Teching In

I will take some pictures next week and see if someone can tell more about it than from my description but it is an LT1 Formula Firebird

=devildog214;17887521]Im not sure of any limited edition firebird formula with bird on the hood and all the details your describing. The ground effects on the otherhand could be aftermarket or a W98 package, but i thought that was only for V6 cars I could be wrong. The G92 is a nice thing to have on an auto 3.23 gears instead of 3.08s? 93 was an oddball year for this the 6 speed had different ratios than the 94-02 so everything was a bit different manual and automatic wise.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

From a quick google search, Chattanooga Custom Creations made "Bandit II" Formulas and Trans Ams (1990-1991) , but says nothing about 1997. If it is a legit bandit II car, it would have a plaque inside somewhere saying the year, and number car it is. Other than that probably try to contact Chattanooga Custom Creations, (Choo Choo Customs)

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with this