LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help with my fourth gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my fourth gen Camaro

I was hoping someone in this forum could help me. I have a Chevy Camaro Z28. I bought this beast of a vehicle about 8 months ago. It's in great condition for a fourth gen, but it jas a few minor problems as well. One of which is an oil leak. When I got this car I checked any possible areas that the oil could be leaking from including the obvious oil pan bolt.o couldn't find where it was leaking from not even followimg the drip from underneath. So, o took the car to Midas and they put their dyes in my oil only to find that they couldnt find the leak either, but the mechanic there suggested that the leak was in the rrar right corner at the head, and that it was probably so slow that they really couldn't locate.it where.it was since one of the issues with the LT1s where that their motors are mounted too far back into the firewall. I have just been adding as needed because it really doesn't leak fast. I jardly ever add. What I'm wondering now though is my Camaro has a 3inch exhaust, but lately it's been blowing blue smoke, and it happens on two occasions. One is when I first start it up... Of o don't let.it warm up, and then drive it... Then there's when I'm on the highway and I really punch it I'll see it then too. So, does anyone know whats UP I hope I don't have a mix of in my coolant? I realize gaskets will have to be replaced Its a 20 year old car but she runs strong that's why I plan on restoring him to me it's worth it. You just love what you love. Someone help me out please! Thank you
Old 07-16-2014, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Blue smoke on cold start is the valve seals leaking down, and punching it down the highway would be the rings. Sounds to me like it's a worn out motor in need of a rebuild.

Quick Reply: Help with my fourth gen Camaro