LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another Water Pump Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
You very clearly indicated it was more than personal issues in that other thread, I am honestly curious if factual data exists or is hearsay one way or the other.
There is little to no factual data, but plenty of hearsay and conjecture from random internet posters from a decade ago....the other thread was so close to 10 pages of WP ranting and raving....don't waste the good stuff here!
Old 07-07-2015, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Another Water Pump Thread...

You very clearly indicated it was more than personal issues in that other thread, I am honestly curious if factual data exists or is hearsay one way or the other.
Negatory. Go re-read that thread. My position is purely factual. I'm sorry you're having a hard time understanding that. Any personal issues I've had on that thread were with a certain individual using personal insults when he didn't like the facts provided.

If anyone has a problem with the facts I provide (yes they are facts, refusal to accept them as fact doesn't change that they are facts) because I don't want to give them a lesson in high school physics, that's their problem.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ahritchie
There is little to no factual data, but plenty of hearsay and conjecture from random internet posters from a decade ago....the other thread was so close to 10 pages of WP ranting and raving....don't waste the good stuff here!
The data is there (on both sides of the argument), you have to actually see it. I'm not going to find it for you. I've researched this, your turn to do it your self.

My observations is the EWP guys are far more defensive than the mechanical guys. Case in point, in two threads (this one and mine) EWP guys are in here spewing their rhetoric to guys that want to keep their mechanical set up. These EWP guys dont road race, but you know, they have one, so they know better.

Meanwhile, the mechanical guys aren't saying EWP suck. It's the EWP guys saying the mechanical sucks.

Last edited by hrcslam; 07-07-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hrcslam
The data is there (on both sides of the argument), you have to actually see it. I'm not going to find it for you. I've researched this, your turn to do it your self.

My observations is the EWP guys are far more defensive than the mechanical guys. Case in point, in two threads (this one and mine) EWP guys are in here spewing their rhetoric to guys that don't want to keep their mechanical set up. These EWP guys dont road race, but you know, they have one, so they know better.

Meanwhile, the mechanical guys aren't saying EWP suck. It's the EWP guys saying the mechanical sucks.
Lol....I'm just stirring the pot... this thread has absolutely nothing to do with EWPs anyways. How many more EWP threads can be created and discussed around here??
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Lol....I'm just stirring the pot... this thread has absolutely nothing to do with EWPs anyways. How many more EWP threads can be created and discussed around here??
I'm thinking about trying to get the transmission thread to EWP vs MWP.....
Old 07-07-2015, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a reason I named my thread "another water pump thread..." Haha it's all personal opinion if you ask me. Ill stick with a mechanical for the most part, unless I have a strict strip car which will probably never happen cause I'm all about the street, trailers are for ******!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
trailers are for ******!
Uh oh, I think you just opened another can of worms. LOL.

Last edited by hrcslam; 07-07-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

There's a reason I named my thread "another water pump thread..." Haha it's all personal opinion if you ask me. Ill stick with a mechanical for the most part, unless I have a strict strip car which will probably never happen cause I'm all about the street, trailers are for ******!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Uh oh, I think you just opened another can of worms. LOL.
Probably so and I will stand on that statement proudly
Old 07-07-2015, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Stand by for more tech trolling and bickering
Old 07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

both of these wp threads
keep doin what yer doin
Old 07-08-2015, 10:06 AM
TECH Regular

So I seen that the water pump drive seal was the one that was leaking, and a lot as I had stated in my original thread post, holy gunk batman look at that opti!

I also found out the DS valve cover was leaking at the front, hence the oil over there, so today I am putting the seals on! But first I'm cleaning the all the **** that's just gunked and baked on the engine opti spark plug wires etc etc. btw so no one freaks out, I took these pics after I had already pryed the water pump seal out with a screw driver.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Negatory. Go re-read that thread. My position is purely factual. I'm sorry you're having a hard time understanding that. Any personal issues I've had on that thread were with a certain individual using personal insults when he didn't like the facts provided.

If anyone has a problem with the facts I provide (yes they are facts, refusal to accept them as fact doesn't change that they are facts) because I don't want to give them a lesson in high school physics, that's their problem.
You lied a bunch, you were called out on it, you provided nothing factual. If you re-read the thread, you will see I said nothing towards the normal ewp bs like increased cooling capacity etc. You thick head and shallow mind created your own argument and you have yet to realize this. Maybe its a learning disability, I don't know.

What part of I have personal issues with EWP do you not understand? I understand their place. Others don't.

Usually, 70mph is not an issue. For some it is a problem, for most it's not.
Having personal issues is not something for a car forum, we like to keep things factual. Most understand an ewp's place, you do yet you don't? Maybe its your reading comprehension?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
You lied a bunch, you were called out on it, you provided nothing factual. If you re-read the thread, you will see I said nothing towards the normal ewp bs like increased cooling capacity etc. You thick head and shallow mind created your own argument and you have yet to realize this. Maybe its a learning disability, I don't know.Having personal issues is not something for a car forum, we like to keep things factual. Most understand an ewp's place, you do yet you don't? Maybe its your reading comprehension?
Seriously? From the guy who started the entire argument trolling the other thread slinging false claims about EWPs? Everything I said was factual. You haven't proven me wrong.

Come here to Arizona, let's race. Leave it on the track.

Last edited by hrcslam; 07-08-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

^ Take it to the 2015 LTx shootout....it will be the race of the century, EWP vs MWP grudge racing , and endless back and forth fuss'n and a fuedin about EWPs!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I am not trying to argue flow rates between EWP and MWP. I won't be the one to prove science wrong.

I am asking for proof or actual evidence that during autoX or road racing, an EWP flow rate will not be enough to support the ECT. Up until now, both of these train wreck threads bicker and bicker about flow rates with only correlations that a lower flow rate is enough to cause overheating.

About the trailer comment, I'll drive my heap to the track and wait for you in the return lane cupcake.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Well after hours of cleaning and scrubbing with rags, she's clean! As I can get it at least lulz. All that's left is remove the crank hub, then opti and I'll be putting on the new seals. Went ahead and put a new water temp sensor on my water pump, cleaned it as well.

The opti is visible again!

Scrapped off the old gross baked on gaskets

All clean

Cleaned the WP, installed new temp sensor with some Teflon sealer. Not to shabby for practically 160k mile car.

Last edited by VoyagerCamaro; 07-08-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Seriously? From the guy who started the entire argument trolling the other thread slinging false claims about EWPs? Everything I said was factual. You haven't proven me wrong.

Come here to Arizona, let's race. Leave it on the track.
BMX is parting out his car for "business expansion" guess he knew one day a car with a MWP would out run his.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

I am not trying to argue flow rates between EWP and MWP. I won't be the one to prove science wrong.

I am asking for proof or actual evidence that during autoX or road racing, an EWP flow rate will not be enough to support the ECT. Up until now, both of these train wreck threads bicker and bicker about flow rates with only correlations that a lower flow rate is enough to cause overheating.

About the trailer comment, I'll drive my heap to the track and wait for you in the return lane cupcake.
Hey that comment want from me lol.

That's a legitimate question. IIRC, the LT1 flows 66GPM under sytem pressie and resistance, the LS1 is over 120. There's a reason GM targeted those flow rates.

From all the research I've done, auto x should be fine with an EWP for most courses and locations. Road courses with long open track periods have always recommended MWP from all manufacturers and serious racers. There's a reason Meziere makes mechanical pump's when they are known for EWPs.

BMX is parting out his car for "business expansion" guess he knew one day a car with a MWP would out run his.
I think in his application the EWP is great. Hell, I'd do it if I planned a street/strip car.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

A stock pump is a fixed impeller and constant displacement (for teh sake of agruement here), so making something that works at idle may be overkill or unneeded at WOT.

Granted I do not take highways at ~120mph but, still curious on if cases ACTUALLY exist where an EWP car had to switch to MWP.

Quick Reply: Another Water Pump Thread...