LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 - 24x - N2O Dry Direct Port?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 - 24x - N2O Dry Direct Port?

I am looking at changing up my current set up for next year. I am currently running an LT1 with factory ported heads, cam, LT1 PCM/Opti and a wet plate kit. I will be switching to 24x over the winter and also thought about switching to a dry direct port nitrous setup. A direct port is a little overkill for my current combination but if I can get it set up and start tuning the smaller shots I will be more comfortable when a get to the bigger shots on the new build.

I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with this? How much larger injectors are usually needed when spraying dry?

I know I will have to step up from my current 255 fuel pump and I would like to keep this on the 93 pump gas I am currently running.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are going through the trouble of a direct port system, you might as well do it right and go wet.

For a modest sized dry shot, a fogger will be plenty. By the time you want a big enough shot to consider a direct port, you will want it to be a proper wet shot.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:22 PM
Launching!

AFAIK there is no difference in the size of the shot that is capable between the wet and the dry kits. It all comes down to proper fueling and tuning.

I may stay with my plate kit for now. The information I have received recently is telling me that smaller pills do not work well/can have more problems with the direct port.

Overall the general consensus is to keep it a wet kit but I want to research all my options. I wasn't sure if there was any benefits to a dry set up
Old 09-22-2015, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

David you might want to hit up tony Shepard . 99 percent sure he runs a dry set up.

Although his motor his much more radical then yours you can at least get some good ideas of what you'll need.

I haven't researced dry systems much but if I remember right they do make moree power . Apples to apples .

Might want to hit up Brandon at nitrous outlet he helped me with mine. He will definitely set you straight .

If you planned on not going over a 200 my first thoughts are to keep the plate . It's a great proven kit that I've personally seen go to a 200 and still distribute well on an factory lt1 manifold .
Old 11-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Teching In

I dont think you can go safely dry with a LS1 ecm. if you went 24X but with a fast or holley efi it would be a good set up.

Quick Reply: LT1 - 24x - N2O Dry Direct Port?