Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What did it sell for?
Not enough.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Not enough.
I feel your pain. It seems I can't sell anything for a nice price. Heck, my Dad and I had a 68 charger R/T back in the day and sold it for 800$.... We both regret selling it for the cheap. I wasn't on here when you frequently posted but you've saved me lots of time and trouble many of times on doing stuff on my car...
Old 10-08-2015, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C6 Z06 bruh. and how did I miss the for sale post???
Old 10-10-2015, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well ****. Seems like all the guys that had them when i got into it are selling. A lot of really smart and experienced guys leaving the ranks.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue85350
Well ****. Seems like all the guys that had them when i got into it are selling. A lot of really smart and experienced guys leaving the ranks.
I agree.

In my case, I had owned the Z/28 for just short of 20 years, having bought it brand new. I had taken good care of it, and for a long time, enjoyed driving it and working on it. However, age creeps up on you, and the 4th gens aren't the easiest to work on. After a while, you get tired of sore backs and/or legs, every time you get involved in a project with the car.

Secondly, some of the little "hardware" items start to wear out, like window guide rollers, etc, and they're not available in the aftermarket. It's annoying, at least to me, to hear the glass rattle like "marbles in a tin can", every time you close the door.

The final nail in the coffin, was when I lost some of my "shop space" several years ago. I was VERY tired of dealing with 3 cars shoe-horned into a 2 car garage, so it was time to let it go....
Old 10-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What did it sell for?
Classy.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I agree.

In my case, I had owned the Z/28 for just short of 20 years, having bought it brand new. I had taken good care of it, and for a long time, enjoyed driving it and working on it. However, age creeps up on you, and the 4th gens aren't the easiest to work on. After a while, you get tired of sore backs and/or legs, every time you get involved in a project with the car.

Secondly, some of the little "hardware" items start to wear out, like window guide rollers, etc, and they're not available in the aftermarket. It's annoying, at least to me, to hear the glass rattle like "marbles in a tin can", every time you close the door.

The final nail in the coffin, was when I lost some of my "shop space" several years ago. I was VERY tired of dealing with 3 cars shoe-horned into a 2 car garage, so it was time to let it go....

I get it. My "toy" is an 84 camaro. There's some parts available, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. I've been messing around with f bodies for 10 years, which is nothing compared to some of you guys, but the whole "scene" has changed in that time, and it sucks. As far as the age thing goes, it's definitely gotten harder for dad to even get in and out of the camaros over the years.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue85350
I get it. My "toy" is an 84 Camaro. There's some parts available, but they aren't as cheap as they used to be. I've been messing around with f bodies for 10 years, which is nothing compared to some of you guys, but the whole "scene" has changed in that time, and it sucks. As far as the age thing goes, it's definitely gotten harder for dad to even get in and out of the Camaros over the years.
Before I bought my '96 Z/28, I had an '85 Firebird SE. The engine compartment in those models was pretty tight, as I found out when I installed a set of the Edelbrock headers. But at least on those, the cowl didn't extend over the engine as much. The '77 T/A that I had before that, was a comparative breeze to work on.

I'm probably your dad's age, so while working on and under the cars isn't easy anymore, I agree that even getting in and out of them can be difficult. I still have my '01 Corvette, and when I bought it, 14 years ago, I never gave entry/exit a second thought. Today, it's another story, however by selling the Z/28, I gained space in the garage, so I don't have to go through the gyrations I used to have to. I can fully open the door now, which makes it a lot easier to get in or out.

Getting old isn't for the faint of heart!!

Quick Reply: It's been fun...