LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

OTVC Plug Wires

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OTVC Plug Wires

Anyone made their own? What was the price compared to just going with some 8mm Taylor's. Just pulled my 8 year old Taylor's and two of them are bad. Thinking about going with OTVC but if the price difference isn't worth the effort Im not going to waste my time. At cousins rec league baseball game and running low on data so I cant do much searching right now
Old 10-04-2015, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i make my own,,,,cant remember the final price but i just buy a spool of the taylor wire which gives me more then enough to do all my vehicles, new ends and then just cut and make them to the length i need
Old 10-05-2015, 07:02 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I made my own using MSD components. I believe I used a Made For You loom. I suspect it would probably be cheaper to buy a cut to fit kit, but there is something to be said for making them yourself. I kind of enjoyed it.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTC
I made my own using MSD components. I believe I used a Made For You loom. I suspect it would probably be cheaper to buy a cut to fit kit, but there is something to be said for making them yourself. I kind of enjoyed it.
This is sort of the direction I was headed with this. I have made my own in the past for various other vehicles. My main concern is the price cost. I just recently moved and money is supper tight as of right now but the wires are needed. If I can make my own OTVC wires for about the same price as some 8mm Taylors Im going to move forward with the project and do them my self. If not, ill just pick up a set of Taylors for my vehicle. Im going to do some price checking tonight and see what I come up with.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
Old 10-06-2015, 08:33 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

When I was researching wires, I got the impression that Taylor was inferior to MSD. Whether or not that's actually the case, I have no idea.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OTVC Loom

I switched to 24x and have a OTVC loom set (minus bolts, which you can get at ACE hardware) I would sell for $15+shipping.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97SSD1
I switched to 24x and have a OTVC loom set (minus bolts, which you can get at ACE hardware) I would sell for $15+shipping.
I just bought some new Taylor Wires last week otherwise I would have jumped all over it. Wife probably would have been happier as well..lol If you want I know a guy who is looking for some. I can ask him for you.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
www.facebook.com/mcbridemotorsports

EDIT: Also thinking about going the 24X route. I have read mixed reviews a few of witch sound a little outlandish. One book said it freed up around 25whp and an article I read stated 40+ I haven't had a chance to do much research on it. But whats your honest opinion
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wires aren't included, had to cut them down to fit my setup just fyi. This would be just the looms which hold the wires.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't want to high Jack. But if the OP isn't interested I'll take your loom set if they are still available.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1_2buku
Don't want to high Jack. But if the OP isn't interested I'll take your loom set if they are still available.
No problem, feel free to jump on them.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
www.facebook.com/mcbridemotorsports

Quick Reply: OTVC Plug Wires