LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTX aftermarket block round 2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Owen has a legit business in IL and is very active on the LT pages on Facebook. He is not just some dude asking for money.

Originally Posted by SS RRR
TOP NOTCH AUTO & MORE,

You are going to have to spend money to make money. It's not fair to ask your customer base to fund this project when you initially have nothing to show for it other than an internet promise. Too many members in years past have been fucked over by this very tactic.

Won't be long meow. Your cinderblock special and all the parts along with it will be going BU-BYE!

Old 02-05-2016, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I would be interested. I am happy with my 383 but building a N/A tight lash solid roller 434 would probably make me keep the car forever. Car could use another 100-150 more whp and still put most of that power to use in second gear on the street.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 02-05-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I would be interested. I am happy with my 383 but building a N/A tight lash solid roller 434 would probably make me keep the car forever. Car could use another 100-150 more whp and still put most of that power to use in second gear on the street.
Being NA this is what I have always wanted, since bore size is the biggest limit to an NA LT1. Like stated though, we have been burned too many times for me to get too excited. Would I buy one if it was released though? Hell yea.

I would be interested but I would't put the money up front. I'd have to wait for their to be an actual product and sell my current shortblock (for probably half of what I have into it). I'm not too excited to dump an extra ~3k into a motor that I finished but haven't even ran yet...but if a new block came out I bet I would anyway LOL.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I think there are several people who would buy one but can't step up with the cash at the moment. I for one would love one in the future.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to buy one and put the power adder on it but not putting that type of money up front.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I certainly applaud the effort to deliver a better LT block. But if a manufacturer is asking for large deposits up front for a product that doesn't currently exist, it's hard to take it seriously. LT blocks are just different enough, but I don't see why a manufacturer couldn't tool up and do a small batch that would likely sell out quickly to test the waters.

Do I think there would be a market for an aftermarket LT block? Yes. I could see them being able to sell probably 50-100 of them a year, maybe more. What are the sales of Gen-1 Motown blocks? It's a small-volume item that only the most serious about making big power will go for either way. But even hobbyist LT guys like myself frequently pay ~$2k for a set of nice cylinder heads, so a $2k block doesn't seem far-fetched at all to me if it opens up the possibilities of big N/A builds and whatnot.

Last edited by HellTeeOne; 02-07-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't disagree with you at all brother, I think that is pretty on par. Like I said, I would love to have one.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd be down for a partial deposit but 2K is alot of money to tie up for me with no ETA or promise of it happening.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way you guys do that I cannot throw this kind of money up front, but if they actually do produce the block, I would likely buy one next year to build a solid roller 427 lt1 and keep it.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Being NA this is what I have always wanted, since bore size is the biggest limit to an NA LT1. Like stated though, we have been burned too many times for me to get too excited. Would I buy one if it was released though? Hell yea.

I would be interested but I would't put the money up front. I'd have to wait for their to be an actual product and sell my current shortblock (for probably half of what I have into it). I'm not too excited to dump an extra ~3k into a motor that I finished but haven't even ran yet...but if a new block came out I bet I would anyway LOL.
Yea fronting the money is the tuff part for me too. Especially since it has been tried before. I would be more willing to commit if there was a non refundable down payment then pay the rest in full upon delivery. Of course there would have to be in writing that the block would be made 100%. In the land of FI LS everything and turbo everything there still is nothing to me like a big higher compression sizable cam engine. You can be faster than me with your turbo but mine will sound so much meaner cruising around town. 525-575whp would be tuff to beat from 0-100mph no matter what you are racing on the street anyway. All about putting the power down.

~I think it would help the platform out if there was a aftermarket block for a bigger bore/cube motor. With a good tuner like Solomon and a rev limit under 7k rpm, the stock pcm and optispark seem to work fine for me.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 02-08-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Quick Reply: LTX aftermarket block round 2?