LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Meziere ewp or summit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meziere, have installed a few and have one on my personal car, never had any issues, installed one 10 years ago and its still running fine, its a great upgrade
Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

FWIW I did not install a EWP for any HP gain. Yes there are dyno reports showing the give 10 RWHP over a mechanical

For me it stopped a chronic killing of Optis from WP weep hole pissing coolant on the Opti. dealer replaced several when car was under warranty. Back in 1999 when the car warranty ended, I swapped to EWP after 500 mi the last AC Delco dealer installed WP started leaking. I have had zero Opti deaths since in 17 years....YMMV
Old 05-24-2016, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^same here. I didn't have any WP or Opti issues and I still replaced mine since I was replacing the radiator (it was plugged and motor was not cooling at all)...snowball effect. I knew I would autocross my car on hot days and I love not having to have the car running to "cool off".

For 80% of the people on this site, a EWP won't be a bad thing. The 20% are the road racers where a mechanical may be better (NOT opening that can of worms again in ANOTHER thread)

OP my opinion is go Meziere. As "easy" as replacing a EWP is, I still don't want to dick with swapping them out and losing coolant/re-burping every time a cheap one breaks. At least 5k-10k DD/autocross miles on my Meziere and zero issues. I'm happy.

Quick Reply: Meziere ewp or summit?