LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone repin LT1 harness for LS1 PCM Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Anyone repin LT1 harness for LS1 PCM Conversion?

I have a 1996 formula and I have had it with optisparks I have been trying find a good thread tho go by because I really want to get it done or unless you guys know someone get rid of a harness ready for a 96 formula so I can do this ls pcm and coil conversion because the 24x harness is way too damn over priced. And thanks in advance guys
Old 06-19-2016, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFbody92
I have a 1996 formula and I have had it with optisparks I have been trying find a good thread tho go by because I really want to get it done or unless you guys know someone get rid of a harness ready for a 96 formula so I can do this ls pcm and coil conversion because the 24x harness is way too damn over priced. And thanks in advance guys
Your best bet is to save and just buy a plug and play harness..
Old 06-19-2016, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really not that difficult and there are a couple threads floating around on how to do it but the couple things you need to be good with is understanding how a harness works and also know that in different years the same wire can be labled slightly different but do the same damn thing.

It takes time and can be done but **** can go way wrong if you screw up.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Teching In

I would like to try it after all besides especially if I or you help me get in contact with someone who'd done it already personally would truly be an honor
Old 06-30-2016, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FastFbody92
I would like to try it after all besides especially if I or you help me get in contact with someone who'd done it already personally would truly be an honor
PM me FastFbody. It's not overly difficult. I ran into the same issue when I did my '97, no one wanted to share the knowledge that they supposedly had. There are a few things that you need to work through with different years, different transmissions, etc but nothing too difficult. I built my own harness from scratch and made my own excel document for the pinouts in case I ever wanted to go back in and modify or whatever. I'll give you whatever you need and any assistance you may require, because that's what these forums are for...not the "I know something you don't know" game.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kris72079
PM me FastFbody. It's not overly difficult. I ran into the same issue when I did my '97, no one wanted to share the knowledge that they supposedly had. There are a few things that you need to work through with different years, different transmissions, etc but nothing too difficult. I built my own harness from scratch and made my own excel document for the pinouts in case I ever wanted to go back in and modify or whatever. I'll give you whatever you need and any assistance you may require, because that's what these forums are for...not the "I know something you don't know" game.
this is what i like to see and hear.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Kris72079 is a good guy and stands by his wrd
Old 07-25-2016, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kris72079
Kris, would you mind sending me that spreadsheet as well? I'm planning to do this possibly this winter.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Pm me I'll pass it off to you Smitty2919
Old 07-28-2016, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I looked into this swap on my 96, current performance wiring (I believe they're out of georgia) quoted me 750 for a complete wiring harness (and tune I think) for this swap.

good luck

Quick Reply: Anyone repin LT1 harness for LS1 PCM Conversion?