Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by StoneColdLT1
This thread is great
x10 ^^^
Old 11-16-2016, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Haven't seen you around lately. Were you discharged from the nuthouse or did you break out?
Been having a bad day and this made me laugh! Thanks
Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Those are their Raised Runner heads, 215cc IIRC. Super rare and crazy expensive, but some of the best 23* SBC heads around. They definitely are not a bolt-on deal though.
JIMLAB from camaroz28.com had a set of those on his 396. IIRC he stuffed it into an RX7 and made 600 hp.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Update on this???
Old 03-16-2017, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
Any Update on this???
It's dead.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldn't call it dead yet. As of March 7 they're still planning to auction/raffle off a pair of LE heads and intake.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As per the Facebook the donation number is $5,290 as if 1/27/17. That makes monthly donations about a little over 1k a month. At this rate it will take about 5.5 years to raise the funds to START the project and that's not accounting for the fact that donations usually start strong and fall off as time goes on. Then who knows how long for world to get it into production. If your wanting one of these you might want to be a poster boy for the cause to get this idea out of the slow lane.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't believe that I just saw this thread. What an entertaining read. Kudos to the people who tried or are trying to get this done but there is no reason for World Products to manufacture this block. It makes no sense from a business stand point and beyond being a loyalist or wanting to blaze your own trail, it makes nearly zero sense from a customer stand point to buy one.

Before I'd spend 10 grand or more building a 434 LTx Motown (and waiting on a machine shop) I'd buy a 454 LSX from Scoggin Dickey, TSP, MAST, LME, or Golen.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JosephIV
I can't believe that I just saw this thread. What an entertaining read. Kudos to the people who tried or are trying to get this done but there is no reason for World Products to manufacture this block. It makes no sense from a business stand point and beyond being a loyalist or wanting to blaze your own trail, it makes nearly zero sense from a customer stand point to buy one.

Before I'd spend 10 grand or more building a 434 LTx Motown (and waiting on a machine shop) I'd buy a 454 LSX from Scoggin Dickey, TSP, MAST, LME, or Golen.
How bout you roll up the 10 grand and plug that hole where your sense of economic superiority comes from?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^ Its easy to say that when your only interested in basic builds.

This is mainly for the diehard LT1 enthusiasts whose wanting to make serious competitive power. Not a "SBE LS" builds. Yea its long shot but your comparing apples to oranges when mentioning a LS at that point.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

That's pretty much the logic of the situation. I'd love to have a big cube LTx, but the cost of doing so while making effective power would be astronomical on top of cost of just buying the block, which ultimately could be done with a LS platform for less. LT had a short, yet good run, but reality is a ************.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

But when you have people like Stefan and Amtrack whose been sub 4.99 in the 1/8 mile, I dont see them spending anymore or less than a LS based cars. Coming from an engine based platform.

Reality is a ************ and as much as I would love to have a block, I dont think the goals will be reached anytime soon if at all.....
Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevo9389
How bout you roll up the 10 grand and plug that hole where your sense of economic superiority comes from?
Christ, someone needs to adjust their tampon. Be a fanboy of LT1's all you want, there's no need to get butthurt over opinion. Sense of economic superiority? Nah, it's called having lived on this earth for 40+ years which afforded me the opportunity to gain wisdom and learn to use common sense. I guess you ponied up the money for this Motown LTX? Got yours on order? Go ahead, tell me how much money you've laid out to get this dream in motion.

This dream of an aftermarket block was already killed once before. You know why? Because there wasn't any money in doing it. Guess what? Twenty years after the last LTx F-body was made there's even less money in it.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

I can't believe I just saw this as well. This needs to get more out there , reaching out on Instagram and YouTube and even asking for websites/publications to throw a word in here and there.

I will add something to the mix.. as a 2 c4 owner it is NOT easy to drop an LS into a C4 without custom fabrication and integrating an ecm etc. it's beyond the realm of most owners. I just spent around $15k on my LT4 rebuild and sadly I was frustrated with blocknopgions and decided to just draw the line at a max effort GM LT4 heads/Intake setup. This block gives me hope and I do want to buy but for me it's a question of running my current setup or taking it apart already. If I go this route I will go converted heads and a custom sheet metal or billet manifold to fit under a c4 hood.. as well as look beautiful. I will at the least help get the word out across C4 pages and my Instagram too.

I don't mean to drag my builder in here but Karl Ellwein builds Ltxs. On his main page he has links for every very build (mine is 21) and last I checked he's at 75+... I wouldn't be surprised if many of those owners would have been interested in going with this block. I know I would have. I wonder as well if AFR or another brand that has LTX options would be willing to do a new head for this block to take advantage of the extra cubes.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I spent over $10k on a lowly 383(that I still have never even ran yet, just sits on an engine stand), I'd pony up the same for a much nastier 434 in a HEARTBEAT and I'm sure others would too. At the stage of build we're talking, the price of this block is a non-issue. The problem is not spending money on the block, the problem is spending money BEFORE its even made through a glorified kickstarter.

I'm down to purchase a block, for sure. Am I willing to put my money on hold for who knows how long to do it? Nope.

World is a very large, and very wealthy company. I will not be paying for their design and tooling costs out of my pocket...but if they actually take the risk and provide a product, I will be purchasing one for sure.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Puck
I spent over $10k on a lowly 383(that I still have never even ran yet, just sits on an engine stand), I'd pony up the same for a much nastier 434 in a HEARTBEAT and I'm sure others would too. At the stage of build we're talking, the price of this block is a non-issue. The problem is not spending money on the block, the problem is spending money BEFORE its even made through a glorified kickstarter.

I'm down to purchase a block, for sure. Am I willing to put my money on hold for who knows how long to do it? Nope.

World is a very large, and very wealthy company. I will not be paying for their design and tooling costs out of my pocket...but if they actually take the risk and provide a product, I will be purchasing one for sure.
I understand your sentiment. Unfortunately, the only people who will consider this LTx option are guys with enough money to dick around with it for fun (think curious engine builders) and Gen II LT1 loyalists who have an LT1 car in their possession. Most of the guys commenting on this block don't have a need for an aftermarket block as they're nowhere near the power potentional of the factory LT1 engine sitting in their driveway.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like this thread is coming back around, hang on I'm going to throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave....

Look, I love the LT1, I have a 383 LT1 project on the stand for my 94. I also have an LQ4 and LS7. You can argue for days and on multiple different view points on what's better, LS or LT. I can argue both sides. Regardless, there needs to be a decent market for this to break even and make a profit.

With that being said, there's a reason why people tear LT1's out in favor the LS, even though I HATE seeing that and it probably ends up being more expensive than building the LT1 in the end, but it's because the majority of the car world including f body guys BELIEVE the LS is more superior in every way. It doesn't help that is has a bigger aftermarket selection and it's a newer motor with tons of proven potential.

Outside of the small amount LT1 fans who could afford and buy this, trying to convince potential customers to pick this over the LS would be like trying to convince the general public to buy a new VCR over a BlueRay player. Regardless of your thoughts or opinion, the odds just aren't in our favor.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
But when you have people like Stefan and Amtrack whose been sub 4.99 in the 1/8 mile, I dont see them spending anymore or less than a LS based cars. Coming from an engine based platform.
Yeah, but when you get to that point, it's all relative. In my situation, I would spend several thousand dollars on just the block, plus whatever I donated, then I'd have to consider the rotating assy, heads/intake/exhaust to take advantage of more CID, plus the plethora of other small details, it gets real expensive. Because I have an f-body, I'd much rather deal with an aftermarket that's already been out there for several years with the LS platform.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think throwing in an LSX engine in a Firehawk is ******* heresy!

However if there is a small possibility of the up and coming LT5 fitting into an fbody....

Quick Reply: LTx Motown Block