LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuning DFCO on the LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning DFCO on the LT1?

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but I am looking for help on tuning DFCO on the LT1 (OBD1).

The table is lower in values at lower rpm (DFCO Enable % TPS Threshold vs RPM).

Not 100% how things are going here. But if I read it right, fuel is cutoff at below that TPS value (% of the real TPS).

Right? Or waaaay off?

Thanks!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Teching In

In the DFCO Enable % TPS Threshold vs RPM table zero all the values. Tweek the DFCO KPA(i think) table in the constants table to get your smoothest results (more on this later). This value will differ from car to car. Simply zeroing the DFCO Enable % TPS Threshold vs RPM table will take the jerkiness out of it and have the biggest inpact on smoothness! So start there.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

I have it set to 0.8 now, but there seems to be a 2-3 second delay before DFCO kicks in on decel. Watching with the datalogger I see normal O2 readings up until I feel DFCO kick in, then they drop to 0.0x volts. Then I know it is fully in.

Is Throttle Followed a key part of this?

I don't see any DFCO Delay, is it not defined yet?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by jessmansweet
In the DFCO Enable % TPS Threshold vs RPM table
zero all the values. Tweek the DFCO KPA(i think) table in the constants table to get your smoothest results (more on this later). This value will differ from car to car. Simply zeroing the DFCO Enable % TPS Threshold vs RPM table will take the jerkiness out of it and have the biggest inpact on smoothness! So start there.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Teching In

The DFCO enable will never be immediate there will allways be a little delay. Unless they unlocked it recently theres no DFCO delay table that I know of. You can tweek it to come on a little sooner with the DFCO enable map in the constants table. The throttle follower has a little to do with it but what you do depends on the tranny. Do you have an A4 or M6 tranny? In an A4 you can also tweek the TCC lockup and unlock tables as well as jump the TCC release switch on the brake pedal.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

I just got the latest $EE file from TC at TunerCat, it has the DFCO Delay!

I am in the middle of installing it right now...

I have a Fleetwood with the A4.

Default is programmed to 2.5 seconds. You can change to whatever you want now!! Yes!

Originally Posted by jessmansweet
The DFCO enable will never be immediate there will allways be a little delay. Unless they unlocked it recently theres no DFCO delay table that I know of. You can tweek it to come on a little sooner with the DFCO enable map in the constants table. The throttle follower has a little to do with it but what you do depends on the tranny. Do you have an A4 or M6 tranny? In an A4 you can also tweek the TCC lockup and unlock tables as well as jump the TCC release switch on the brake pedal.

Last edited by RamAirRocket; 04-18-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Im getting the new file pronto...THANKS! Also you will get more info on the dfco over at www.impalassforum.com too. Well...... thats IF the search is working yet..
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Is it possible to unlock or go into neutral on the 4L60 transmission when the DFCO activates? This would be a way of taking the load off the transmission.

Regards,

Neil.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nparsons
Is it possible to unlock or go into neutral on the 4L60 transmission when the DFCO activates? This would be a way of taking the load off the transmission.

Regards,

Neil.
When your engine stops spinning it cuts the pressure to the 4L60 and thus puts it into neutral.

Quick Reply: Tuning DFCO on the LT1?