LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Throttle stop & TPS question, LT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Throttle stop & TPS question, LT1

When looking at some of the parameters on the aerotech guage I noticed a line item: THROTTLE PERCENTAGE. I tested the throttle % by holding it to the floor with the carpet out of the way and I could only get 99%. I checked the Holley throttle body to see if there was additional adjustment, but I could not get any higher than 99%. Does anyone know how to get a tiny bit more adjustment so I can get the throttle percentage to 100% The only thing I hate about a guage like this is you find all the little stuff that probably does not make much difference, but then you want to make every last thing perfect, by the book

Also, the TPS voltage was a little low ( .15 to .25) I thought your bottom voltage (throttle plate closed) was suppose to be in the .500 to .625 range. When I open the throttle blade all the way the voltage is correct (4.50). This is assuming the range is (.500 to .625) closed, (4.50 to 5.00) closed. When I first check this reading it actually had already thrown a code (0122), which is ( low TPS voltage ). I cleared the code with aerotech and the car would reset and then throw a code 0122 again. I'm going to try to adjust the TPS and see if it was off a little from sitting. If I can't get the bottom voltage correct I'm assuming the means the TPS sensor is bad ?

Mike
Old 04-25-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your TPS sensors is fubored IIRC 4.8v is as high as you can go WOT before you set the TPS high voltage. Did you try moving out the throttle blades via the throttle stop screw to increase the closed TPS voltage?

Checking my logs, datamaster indicates 100% TPS and 4.59 volts
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not adjusted anything yet. I think I know where the adjustment is on the throttle body ? I'm assuming it will be in the same place on my 52mm HOLLEY. Do you have any suggestions on the 99% throttle position issue ?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd have to go back and look through a lot of my logs, but I do recall sometimes seeing 99% registered instead of 100%. I had asked a friend about it and he said it's not really a concern, so I dont know.

The throttle stop screw is the one that you need a long skinny torx screw driver to get to because the access for it is on the backside of the TB. it's the little screw that protudes at the top of the TB on the drivers side..

Quick Reply: Throttle stop & TPS question, LT1