LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BBK 58mm Throttle Stop Screw Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBK 58mm Throttle Stop Screw Adjustment?

I already got the this 94-97, 58mm BBK throttle body on my car and the wanted to adjust this throttle stop screw because the IAC counts are way off right now (it is set to far open).. Can anyone tell me what kind of fastener this stop screw is (nut, hex bolt, allen bolt, phillips or flathead screw)?? ALSO, what size is this fastener exactly? (I can't really see into that hole back there and dont want to just start sticking stuff back in there)
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If memory serves it is allen. The real problem is they lack an IAC bypass hole which is why peo-ple make the mistake of using that bolt to open the blades. If you use your stock TB as a reference and drill a IAC bypass hole and set the blades back to truely closed you will be rewarded with a much better idle and not have to dink around with slotting the TPS to get a 0% closed reading.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not too sure what the deal is with the IAC bypass hole on my throttle body cuz I ended up buying it used from someone with a 94-97 fbody. When I got it, it had the square connector for the iac which wouldn't work so i just had the guy who installed my heads/cam just take the iac off the stock throttle body and throw it on there..

I was thinking if I don't end up figuring this thing out, could I just disconnect the IAC completely and just use the throttle stop screw as a "idle adjustment screw"? (I already check the TPS with a voltameter and the datamaster datalogging a while back and it appeared to be working perfectly except the fact that the screw was set too far open...) So techinquely if I just unplugged the IAC, wouldn't the ECM just run fuel to the car according to where the TPS % is at based on the voltage just thinking that the throttle is being held there??

Quick Reply: BBK 58mm Throttle Stop Screw Adjustment?