LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ABS Inop after longtube install

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question ABS Inop after longtube install

I started my 97 ta up after installing longtubes and "ABS Inop" comes up on the dash as soon as I start it. I checked my brake lights after reading other posts about that being the problem, and they are fine.

I probably only had the car on for maybe 3 minutes when I noticed the light and made sure no wires were touching the headers but could it be a burnt wire?

I'm pissed and clueless as to why this happened.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

its probably the wires that run down the passenger side fender well... they are VERY VERY close to LT's.. im are and my abs is inop as well, but it always has been... so i ripped them out... i dont use the ABS anyways... eventually im going to delete it and put in a proportioning valve...but thats probably your problem...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by harvickgm
its probably the wires that run down the passenger side fender well... they are VERY VERY close to LT's.. im are and my abs is inop as well, but it always has been... so i ripped them out... i dont use the ABS anyways... eventually im going to delete it and put in a proportioning valve...but thats probably your problem...
Thanks, I saw those during the install and zip tied them so that they aren't touching the headers but they are still relatively close. I'll have to double check.

I only had the car running for a few minutes too.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

the zip tieing may have pulled on the wires also... pulling them out of the connectors... had that happen on the driver side during my T56 swap.....