LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

valvetrain question (pushrods)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default valvetrain question (pushrods)

making several changes, and i don't think it will affect the length, but just checking.

the block was decked .017 on the rebuild last spring, i ran stock pushrods with out any trouble on stock rockers.

this time around, the block isn't having anymore work up there, and i'm retaining my 1.5 rocker ratio. but i'm switching to a set of afr heads, which are supppose to have thicker decks ect...

so just throwing that out there, all opinions welcome.
also need a part number for hardend pushrods the appropriate length from either comp or lunati.

thanks
jeff
Old 07-28-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too many variables affecting that, if you call any of the cam manufacturers for recommendation they would tell you to check it with a pushrod length checker. They'll also say that the pushrod shoul be the last part you order for your motor when everything is properly setup and length measured
Chanses are that the stock length pushrods will be fine, but there's no way to tell with checking the geometery and contact paterns.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with installing the lt4 hotcam kit w/the 1.6 rockers and all does that change any length on my pushrods because i will be ordering new ones within a week or 2?

Quick Reply: valvetrain question (pushrods)