LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Random Miss Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Miss Help?

Well i am having a random miss. My car will run great and then it will run like crap can even drive it. I took it to town today and it was fine. then i got into traffic and it started missing so i pulled over and sat for about 15 mins then i started up and i drove it about 2 miles and then i did the same ting. i stop and sa for a bit and then started it up and was able to drive 6 miles home. I had it scaned on friday it was code number 36 high resoultion pulse circuit. Could it be back plug wires?? or bad coil. I just put on a new msd distributor. could that have more sparkt then the coil and wires can handle??? I seams like it does it when it gets hot and then i let it sit for a bit and it runs fine.. Any help you guy can give me would be great. i am started to go nuts!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Teching In

It is hard to say exactly. It could be one of many things. You may want to go ahead and change your coil if you haven't done it in awhile. It only costs like 40 bucks. And it is relatively easy to do, about 20 or 30 minutes. Check your wires and plugs. Did you replace the opti with the cap and rotor kit from MSD or the entire unit?
Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Teching In

i replaced the entire unit.

Quick Reply: Random Miss Help?