LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

..help..long tubes and oil cooler housing issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ..help..long tubes and oil cooler housing issues.

i need a little help. i bought a 94 z28 with a spun bearing( still running)... ok well i got a short block from a buddy at work. it appears to be form a newer year( like 97-98) it has a sensor in front cover. well i had that whole short block
rebuilt. so i swaped the heads from the 94 over and the intake manifold and all that stuff, put a cam in it.. everything is looking good. a friend gave me some old headers he had in the shed (hooker longtubes ). he said they came from a lt1. . they look like this.
http://www.lmperformance.com/3644/2.html

well the new short block came with different looking oil cooler housing,--so i took that off--- so i just used the one on the 94 motor.and it all bolted right up.

so i put the headers on , and the passanger side hits the oil cooler housing. ok. what do i do. can i remove the oil cooler and just run a oil filter? or --the headers i have are not for a f body... or should i just give up and use the stock manifolds. ? . . . i mean its a 355 all balanced , block decked 20, head decked 20,torqued honed, 3 angle valve job, lt4 hot cam, lt4 valvetrain, portmatched intake, fully polished exhaust. .. ect..ect...

just so close to be done. .. if anyone had this happen or any answers, that would be great. thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails ..help..long tubes and oil cooler housing issues.-hooker-headers.jpg  
Old 09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Hooker LT's and they clear the oil cooler fine. Is it possible these are for an earler generation SBC in a different car? The shortblock really should pose no differences between years. The sensor you speak of is probably the cam position sensor from OBD2. Won't matter since you have OBD1 and the harness.

Quick Reply: ..help..long tubes and oil cooler housing issues.