LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car will not start!!! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
DAG
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car will not start!!! Please Help

I just bought this can and did the mods in sig because the car had been sitting with a blow head gasket. This is my first LT1!! After putting the motor together it fired right up. I did not have a tune for it yet but i watched it on datalog with stock tune and drove it with open headders to get the exaust put on and it started mising and acted like it was loading up befor i got to the muffler shop. After i got the exaust put on it was still doing the same thing put it cleared up after 1 or 2 mins. It was lean a WOT and rich at cruise so i drove it easy back to the house. The car ran fine on stock tune so a few days later i drove it to a friends house to get it painted and it was fine did not mis or any thing. I left it there and he has only pulled it in and out 4 or 5 time and it was fine. Saturday he when to pull it out of the shop and it was mising and it would go died if he did not give it some gas. Sunday it went to pull it out and it would not start not even hit at all so i went over to check it out and it would not even hit. I checked the spark and it has a good spark so i got the 30lbs injectors and put them in and loaded the mad tune and still the same thing so i changed it back to stock with 30lbs injectors. and still nothing so i checked fuel pressure and it has 41lbs so it good but still want even hit a lick .... Can anyone tell me what i need to check. I would not think it would the the opit spark sence i and getting a good spark.. The only code it had was a (42 EST Grounded) i reset the codes but the only code i was getting when i tuned it over was the 42. I changed the ICM and still would not hit could it be the opti spark??
Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Launching!

I Have The Same Problem, Do You Solve It?
How
Old 08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ooooppppttttttiiiiiiiii... doesnt sound like youll need a walkthrough but if you need help just let me know and i can throw in my two cents. 42 is opti. i had it before ... replaced the opti... fired right up no problems...

you are getting spark but not timed spark and probably very irregular spark.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1FirebirdSLP

you are getting spark but not timed spark and probably very irregular spark.

DAMMMMNN¡¡¡¡¡

and im a nitrous user¡¡¡¡¡

PLEASE CHECK THIS WINDOW THAT I PRINT

why my left O2 sensor its not working, and the lñearning bank its frezee

Quick Reply: Car will not start!!! Please Help