LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

getting closer to the finish line....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default getting closer to the finish line....

my ups man showed up today bearing "gifts"...... this is the last few things i needed to drop off at the engine shop so CSM can finish my motor and prep it for pickup....

I included a soda can with the accufab throttle body (which in person is a BEAUTIFUL chunk of aluminum) for size comparison.... also what i thought was interesting about this thing is staged throttle blades (which i didn't know it had) when you go to roughly half throttle only the primary blades open (first pic). When you go Wide open past 50% the secondary set of blades open up (last pic).... i'd imagine that is gonna help driveability a TON instead of running a huge single blade 90mm TB.....

The other stuff is the crank trigger kit (thank god no more opti), low profile crab cap pro billet distributor and the lokar throttle cable.. .my intake comes back from texas tommorrow so the ups man is gonna be busy again at my crib..... enjoy!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

I think I love you man, but i would just be using you for your engine.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

I think I love you man, but i would just be using you for your engine.

HAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious..... i'm used to being used.... wife has been doing it for 7 years.....

thanks man....
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Jokin aside I want to convert my car to crank trigger how much does the whole conversion run? I guess it would be pretty involved having to get your manifold drilled and such. I love the color on the throttle body too.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
9 Second Club

yeah it'd be a pain in the *** if you wanted to keep your LT1 manifold.... no idea how much something like that would run... probably be easier just to convert to single plane.....

manifold you're looking at about 400 (1200 if you want the fully ported and polished version and converted to LT1 heads) fuel rails included.... then the throttle body was about 500... distributor was 210, crank trigger was 250.... the higher cost is going to be how you plan on controlling it if you plan on using your stock PCM (which I don't think is possible but it's beyond my knowledge level of electronics)..... Ed Wright would be a good person to talk to about if it's possible to go crank trigger and run the stock pcm.... i'm running mine with a standalone FAST XFI system..... Tony Shepherd might also know as well cuz i'm thinking he might have had the stock pcm and a crank trigger although i could be mistaken....
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sheooot Son!!

Looks pimping Breah. I have one of those goodies still laying around, can you guess what it is?

Tony.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:42 AM
9 Second Club

hmmmmmm maybe the crank trigger????? i'm at a loss.... thanks man...
Old 02-09-2007, 12:44 AM
hashtagBMW

Na,

I just have a bunch of cardboard and shrink wrap. I cant afford those parts

Good Luck with everything man. I might be back soon to compete

Tony.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:56 AM
9 Second Club

I just have a bunch of cardboard and shrink wrap. I cant afford those parts
Thanks brah, that is funny you had me going there...... one thing i didn't show in the pics is the two QA1 rear shocks that showed up an hour after this stuff showed up..... So UPS and FedEx are getting quite a workout....

can't wait to see the manifold tommorrow!!! and a bunch of madman stuff shows up on tuesday (low mount alternator bracket, manual steering rack, lowered shock mount brackets and the outlaw offset lower control arms).... and i believe wednesday my 50lb injectors show up from LS1speed.... i went off on the net as soon as my taxes showed up!!!!!

I am just glad this will be over soon and I can actually get this thing running..... Being without this car for two years is like losing a part of myself.... it's not like working on it a little bit and then being able to enjoy it at the track... lately it's been all work and money poured in with no enjoyment out of it..... thank god that will change soon.... again thanks for the encouragement.... i'll have video when i start her up uploaded on youtube.....
Old 02-09-2007, 03:09 AM
hashtagBMW

The worst part is waiting....Grrrr!

Even if your wrenching on the car, its still miserable not being able to drive it.

Last week I drove my buds 93' around and it was so bad ***. Things a turd though

Tony.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Density
The worst part is waiting....Grrrr!
you are so right.........
Old 02-09-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Regular

Those are some pretty parts. I'm definitly gonna need to see some pics of that pretty stuff on the engine.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's getting there outlaw, I await another badass lt1 car. I hope to push close to a 9 second pass in a few weeks, we shall see.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

sweet man!!!!! Definitely more pics to come of the setup with everything on the motor...... i'm scheduled to pick the motor up the last week of February!

Quick Reply: getting closer to the finish line....