LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hatch electric motor part#?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hatch electric motor part#?

My motor is toast, and since my hatch doesn't get pulled down anymore it's just wee bit loose. Because of that it rattles a tiny bit, but easily enough to annoy the heck out of me. I've tried everywhere but haven't been able to find a part number, or a place to buy it. Is there a P# on the motor itself that I can search with, or should I just break down and call the dealer? Calling the dealer DID get me P#s for my weather stripping which is going to save me around $100...

Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

No one hath a clue, eh?
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hatch Motor.....

Going through the same thing myself with a 96 Z28... I thought I had this one licked for like $10 on ebay, but I went by the picture and not by the year...long story short, I got one for a 93 Camaro and the mount is basically reverse slotted and there are a few other differences..... Before this I did call the dealer, they said that I'd have to buy all the peices individually for like $300+... To fix the leaks&squeeks temporarily, I loosened the bolts and had someone push down on the hatch from the outside while I tightened them again... If you find out anything, please let me know. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slipxtrax
Going through the same thing myself with a 96 Z28... I thought I had this one licked for like $10 on ebay, but I went by the picture and not by the year...long story short, I got one for a 93 Camaro and the mount is basically reverse slotted and there are a few other differences..... Before this I did call the dealer, they said that I'd have to buy all the peices individually for like $300+... To fix the leaks&squeeks temporarily, I loosened the bolts and had someone push down on the hatch from the outside while I tightened them again... If you find out anything, please let me know. Good luck.
To fix my squeaks and the hatch kind bumping up and down, I just lengthened the rubber stoppers. I have to shut the trunk a but harder, but it fixed all that

Quick Reply: Hatch electric motor part#?