LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bad O2's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bad O2's?

i was wondering cause i have a 94 LT1 Z that's been acting up. plugs wires and opti are new. fuel pump is new and filter. my car seems to stumble in the low RPM's and doesn't climb the rpms. it just stumbles pretty good almost wanting to die. i was wondering if my O2's were bad. i deleted the cat about a couple of months ago and put new Bosch O2 sensors. the car ran fine but never ran the way it used to. do you guys think i should replace the Sensors with some better ones? and if i do swtich them with other Sensors would it just do the same thing again what it's doing right now? or should i put a new cat on? see where i live i don't need a cat. the SES light came on once it started acting like this. my brother took it to get scanned at a local dealership. the guy didn't tell him the exact code but told him that the O2's were reading wrong.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do u have a datalogger. i have a low stumble and backfiring at low rpms due to a bad left O2 sensor. my datalogger readings helped point it out as the problem even though the car wasn't throwing any codes. i bought a new sensor and will be installing it this week.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

o2's could be bad. I replaced mine after having a very similar issue as yourself and it fixed my issue. I have a scan guage that allows me to read o2 sensor activity and I got codes for low activity on both sides. Many suggest replacing the o2's with stock AC Delco's because some people have had issue with the bosch sensors. I picked mine up for a great price (cheaper than the bosch's) from Dal. His contact info is on this great website. http://shbox.com .