LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LE2 package, or get them ported elsewhere?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LE2 package, or get them ported elsewhere?

Alright, I'm debating what I want to do hear. I'm going to do heads/cam, but I'm not sure what to go with. A buddy of mine works at a cylinder heads shop and could give me a good deal on a port job. Although, if I do that, I won't have all the stuff that Lloyd Elliot gives you to be ready to go. Basically, I pay and wait 3-4 weeks and just put everything together. If I have my friend do the port job, I need to find a matching cam and I'm afraid it won't work as well...Although, I'll be able to get my car back together a lot quicker, which will be nice.

Also, Lloyd Elliot mentions these supporting mods you need to make the possible Rwhp numbers mentioned...I'm concerned if the car will make the numbers he mentioned. I have an A4 and I know he is referring to 6-speeds. So, I'm not sure how big the change would be. It should be 5 more percent, but who knows...It's also debatable, because I have no idea how much the shipping will be...I mean, do you guys think I could get my heads ported and just buy everything else and put it together?? Or, should I go with the LE2 package and give it a shot...I think the LE3 is a little much. I want to keep my stock 3:23 gear and he mentions GOOD tuning, as if it will be hard to achieve the numbers he mentioned...

Anyone have any videos of the LE2 package, or does anyone just have it in general? How much power did you make and what does the car run? Are you happy? Was it worth it? Etc...?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

My friend has a 1995 T/A M6. Otherwise stock except for LE2 package and supporting LE2 mods. He ran 11.34 in the quarter mile. I plan on getting the LE2 heads and LE1.5HL cam for my A4 as soon as I come up with the $$$!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with Lloyd. This is the way. And there is only a right way to do it.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Launching!

You cant go wrong with Lloyed. His stuff works, always on time and always there to help if a question comes up.
Can also tell you places NEVER to get work done but that will get me kicked off here!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very happy LE2 customer here! Cant go wrong, damn thing really wraps
Old 07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
Alright, I'm debating what I want to do hear. I'm going to do heads/cam, but I'm not sure what to go with. A buddy of mine works at a cylinder heads shop and could give me a good deal on a port job. Although, if I do that, I won't have all the stuff that Lloyd Elliot gives you to be ready to go. Basically, I pay and wait 3-4 weeks and just put everything together. If I have my friend do the port job, I need to find a matching cam and I'm afraid it won't work as well...Although, I'll be able to get my car back together a lot quicker, which will be nice.

Also, Lloyd Elliot mentions these supporting mods you need to make the possible Rwhp numbers mentioned...I'm concerned if the car will make the numbers he mentioned. I have an A4 and I know he is referring to 6-speeds. So, I'm not sure how big the change would be. It should be 5 more percent, but who knows...It's also debatable, because I have no idea how much the shipping will be...I mean, do you guys think I could get my heads ported and just buy everything else and put it together?? Or, should I go with the LE2 package and give it a shot...I think the LE3 is a little much. I want to keep my stock 3:23 gear and he mentions GOOD tuning, as if it will be hard to achieve the numbers he mentioned...

Anyone have any videos of the LE2 package, or does anyone just have it in general? How much power did you make and what does the car run? Are you happy? Was it worth it? Etc...?

Thanks for the help!
If your buddy works at a reputable cylinder head shop I'd give him the business. Contrary to popular belief there more than one shop or two shops making great power with LT1s. ...and your buddy's shop is local so they will be there if something goes wrong.

Mike
Old 07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

LE2 all the way!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aboatguy
If your buddy works at a reputable cylinder head shop I'd give him the business. Contrary to popular belief there more than one shop or two shops making great power with LT1s. ...and your buddy's shop is local so they will be there if something goes wrong.

Mike

I agree. Local shop here builds $40,000+ engines on a regular basis and ported a few heads for a friend. No problems taking one of them to mid 11's, the rest he did were for supercharged lt1s that are just CRAZY fast.

No knocking LE or any other porters, but they aren't the only guys with the knowledge/talent to make good power.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
Go with Lloyd. This is the way. And there is only a right way to do it.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...bum/MyLE32.jpg
>>>NO NEED TO QUOTE PICS!!!<<<
jeez scratch city on that spoiler man! haha, at least put a towel under those heads

Last edited by CRAGER; 07-18-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

there are any number of head porters to go to that do great work. if you have someone local that is known to produce good results, no reason not to support them.

Last edited by 92LT1RS; 07-09-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

ahaaha, I was thinking the same thing. I won't let anyone even lean on my car unless

A. The person in question is a female
B. She is either in a Bikini, Panties, or nude

To date, nobody has leaned on my car. I don't know whether to be happy... or cry. :/
Old 07-09-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, the only reason I would go with LE2 package, is because of his matching cam. I would get the LE2 heads and the LE1 cam, since my car is going to be a daily driver.

If I have my buddy port my heads, I'm not sure what cam I'll need. I want to make sure the combination *works* and will still be reliable. I have an A4 and Lloyd Elliots cam seems to make power in the upper RPM's which creates a problem for me...This means I would need at least a 2800 stall to take advantage of the setup, otherwise it will be sh*tty from a dig...I really don't want to get a stall. This isn't going to be a crazy track car and I don't want to break the rear end. This will be a fun daily driver and highway car. (which also means I will still keep my 3:23's)

Now, my other issue is this. I just took apart my motor today and it looks like the valves are going to be bent. (maybe 1 or 2) So, I'm going to need to replace that. I'm not sure if Lloyd's package comes with valves, but I'm sure it doesn't...So, I'm thinking about just buying a nice new set of heads, instead of getting mind back and having to replace everything, but I'm afraid of matching the cam.

Anyone know of a good Heads/cam package deal I can buy for an LT1? It would be nice if the package came with new bolts, gaskets, etc...I don't want to do the run around. I would like to buy it all in one and get it over with and see about 400+ Rwhp. I was thinking about an LT4 package, but with my bolt ons I would most likely see about 340-360Rwhp and I want a little more...I can't even seem to really find the LT4 package either though.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

if you go with your buddy, talk to Joe Overton on this board. he does or did do custom cams.

Lloyd can replace the valves while he's in there.

stay away from the LT4 kit. I got sucked in years ago. way better parts out there for the money.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't loose on the low end with LE setups. I have the same tq at 2500 as stock and alot more from there on up. The heads get all new valves installed with the package so no worries there. I have LE2 heads and around a 1.5 cam for emssion reasons. Heres the graph M6 through a Moser 12bolt. With an auto and stock rear you'd be pretty darn close to 400rwhp. Its all in the tuning.............

Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

LE's stuff kicks ***.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flame
You don't loose on the low end with LE setups. I have the same tq at 2500 as stock and alot more from there on up. The heads get all new valves installed with the package so no worries there. I have LE2 heads and around a 1.5 cam for emssion reasons. Heres the graph M6 through a Moser 12bolt. With an auto and stock rear you'd be pretty darn close to 400rwhp. Its all in the tuning.............

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...a/scan0002.jpg
>>>NO NEED TO QUOTE PICS!!!<<<

This is what Llyod Elliot told me. I called him and he said that I would need LE2 heads with an LE1 cam for the car to perform better as an everyday driver without a stall. He mentioned that he still highly recommends a 2800 stall to make the power I expect...I really just don't want a stall right now, or feel like spending the money on it. Because if I get a stall down the road, it's going to be a yank or vigilante. I don't want to go cheap with it...

I just want to make sure whatever heads/cam setup I get will be good with the stock stall and 3:23's. I don't want it bogging down low and just having up top power with a shitty idle, you know? That's why I'm trying to do all this research.

Last edited by CRAGER; 07-18-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

I'd Go With Le , His Work Is Proven, U Can Check Out His Work And U Hear Nothing But Good Comments . Imo Go With What Is Proven Than With Expermenting With Parts. If Ur Going To Spend That Amount Of $ Just Go With Something That U Can See Results And U Cant Go Wrong With That.btw I Have An Le 1.5 Setup, With An Auto, Stalled And All The Suppoting Mods Lloyd Asked For And It Thru 383 Hp /375 Rwtq. Hit 11.90 With A 1.65 60ft.le All The Way
Old 07-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

I too have LE stuff. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flame
You don't loose on the low end with LE setups.
But you do gain a shitload of top end
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

I think I'd go local if they can get decent numbers out of those heads. I went with LE2s just because I got a deal.

I'd recommend Jay Allen of camshaftinnovations for a cam, he's treated me right.

Quick Reply: LE2 package, or get them ported elsewhere?