LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Well I have a bit of a problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I have a bit of a problem

Well summer started off great going to the beach with some buddies after graduating but after i got back it all went down hill. First thing, i drove 3 hours to get a dyno tune, he crammed us in his schedule so i didnt get to tune my car well i tell him the issues i have about the inspection trouble well he hooks up his computer and ZAP fries my computer, idk how i dont care, all i know is it doesnt work anymore so im borrowing a friends. Well i drive back home. Last week im heading up to get my windows tinted for $80, well i instead wind up spending that money on a flat bed. I broke a U-Joint, which sucked but not a biggy, i take the driveshaft to the shop, replace it put it back in and drive it a mile. Well it breaks again and this time pops loose from the rear end and beats the hell out of the ground and floorboard. So my aluminum driveshaft is probably ruined but i dont have the money to check it.

Well Im driving today and literally like a mile from the shop i loose a cylinder, figured i fouled out a plug or maybe a collector gasket but i knew something wasnt right. I stop, replace the collector gasket and no change. I pull the passenger side valve cover and behold, a rocker has jumped its valve seat, there is metal on the top of the head, the guide plate is all bent out of shape, the valve head is all mushroomed out, a valve seal is broken.

I've pulled both heads off the car, which was a pain in the ***. Well same problem on the other head as well, busted springs, screwed up valve springs, but no jumped rocker or bent guideplate like on the ds. God knows how long its been like this, im going to check the lifters and my cam tomorrow, hopefully nothing major and it was just a mix up at the machine shop for my springs. Either way i have 2 weeks to get it up and running for F-Body Week at Myrtle. Any suggestions would be nice but at this point im just going to work my *** off to get it back together...and right this time. I should be able to get pics up tomorrow
Old 07-09-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you need?is your car stock?let me know i have alot of stuff laying around ie. camshaft,lifters,valves,and stock valve springs.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is just a cam car, rebuilt bottom end, comp lifters, AI cam, the springs are what im worried about. I might need a valve if i cant find one around here, thanks for the offer, i might be in contact with you here pretty soon.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are your lifters comp r's?