LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Grounds getting hot!!!!!!!??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Grounds getting hot!!!!!!!??????????

I just got down wiring and installing my 383 into my 96 trans am. I rerouted the battery to the hatch also. I ran a ground strap to the rear subframe from the battery and i ran the positive to the starter. Then from the starter i ran a cable to the altenator. Then i ran a cable from the starter to the distribution block on the passenger fender well. When i hook the battery up everything is fine. When i turn the key on everything is still fine. Everything comes on ok. Then when i try to crank it over the ground strap going fron the driver's side of the block to the frame rail get so hot you cant even touch it. So then i ran another ground strap from the ground post on the passenger fenderwell to the passenger motor mount and now they both get hot when i crank the motor over. Do i not have enough ground or am i not getting proper ground at the back of the car. This is the only thing keeping me from starting the car. I have hit a brick wall it seems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

electricity has to get home. and it is also lazy, itll find the easiest path home. Make sure none of your wires are shorted out, and they are all run correctly.

Quick Reply: Grounds getting hot!!!!!!!??????????