LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 T/A LT1 cat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 T/A LT1 cat replacement

Hey guys- I've tried searching for this info on the forum with no luck so here goes:

I'm trying to put a GMMG system on my LT1 95 T/a but I also have to replace the cat on it because it's collapsed (and I need to do emissions here).

It seems like the only bolt on replacement for a cat is expensive as it is one piece with the two long inlet tubes that go to the manifold/headers.

SO I'm asking for different options I have to go from here-
I assume I will just get a universal cat but I'd need inlet/outlet inner/outer diameters to make sure they match up correctly to the stock manifolds and to the GMMG exhaust.
---OR would it be better/easier to get the stock cat's flange welded onto the new universal cat and attach that as a stock cat would to the GMMG (with the inlet of the cat welded... ??

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im in the same dilemma that you are in. I have an universal cat and i think im just going to have the stock flanges welded on the universal one.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Teching In

have you removed it by any chance? Im wondering if theres a flange on both sides or just on the exit side of the cat. I swear it looks like its on both sides on mine but thats not what full direct-fit replacement cat image seem to show.

what inlet/outlet is your universal one?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a cat. converter years ago that was 3in. with the factory flange to bolt up to the catback. It was made by carsound. Might be able to do a search for this specific converter. It was about $150. It slips into my edelbrock y-pipe perfectly. I only use it for inspection. I have an offroad pipe made the same way.

Quick Reply: 95 T/A LT1 cat replacement