LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installed LT headers and new spark plugs... now a miss

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Installed LT headers and new spark plugs... now a miss

I installed a set of Pacesetter's on a friends 94 trans am. car has 128k miles, and ran pretty good before i started. we did the headers off road y pipe and he had to buy one new 02 sensor.

I got the headers done in a day and at first i had cylinder #1 and #3 backwards, after fixing and checking the rest again, i started the car and it ran good. He drove it about 15 mins away and called and told me it was missing, a dead miss.

I went over to his house and at first cylinder number #6 was not firing. i check the wire and it seemed not to be on all the way. I started it back up and it seemed to be firing on that cylinder, then if you rev it up it would miss somewhat, but not all the time. as the car got warm the miss got worse....

any idea's? i am a LS1 guy to heart, so these LT1 problems are new to me...

thanks
Charlie
Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well #6 and #5 plugs are notorius for miss fires, unless its tied up and away from the header primary, its probably burnt. I had some weird way to arrange it. I even used Flame guard which made it it a lil better, but not by much.

Also another consideration is the plug order, do you have the diagram of the opti??
Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yea its deff not burnt... and it does not miss all the time.... as it would with a burnt plug wire all wires are 100% sure hooked up right. i had the diagram from shbox.com