LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration

This has been a problem since the install of the Jethot longtube headers. First you could only feel the vibration when braking and the car was learching forward or in certian positions. Like on uneven pavement. I thought it could be the y pipe, but after close inspection, it wasnt. I figured had to be the Header on the passenger side because the motor mount was worn and there was only a finger width of space between the header and the engine crossmember. This was just an idea, I tried putting a aftermarket transmission mount in thinking it would raise the rear of the engine just enough to get it off the crossmember. This made it worse, you could feel while driving now, especially when letting off the accelerator or at or around 70 mph. Over the weekend I put a new motor mount in, which give it more than enough clearance. However, this did not cure the problem. It still feels like the vibration is underneath my feet and the pedals. I know the wheel alignment is way out of whack, but could that cause such a vibration. ????????
I am really out of ideas.

Last edited by frack; 10-11-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

if the vibration is dictated more by vehicle speed than rpm I would say it is in your front end rather than from motor mounts, if your alignment is off than that is a very good place to start. Poor alignment will wear your tires unevenly which could definately cause a vibration especially at certain speeds. Poor alignment will also put a lot of stress on your tie rods as well as your ball joints so I would suggest getting it aligned, and inspecting your front end for any wear and have your tires either replaced or at the very least balanced and rotated.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the same promblem but i can feel mine at 2200 threw 2800 rpm range.i can rev it up and feel it

Quick Reply: Vibration