LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I'm Freezing My ASS off!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm Freezing My *** off!

So my heating doesnt work, which is odd, i know. AC works fine, but the moment i switch it over to heat, the airflow drops to next to nothing and it doesnt even get very warm. I am guessing there is a clog somewhere along the ducts, but beyond that, i have no idea where to look. any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

I would suggest checking the heater core. Its located behind the glove box. Had to replace mine because it was leaking. If you have a Hane's manual or some other tech manual for your car it should have a detailed section on how to do it. That would cause a problem with it not heating up, but as for the airflow actually droping im not sure.

Be careful though because it will have coolant running through it.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

It not that uncommon for the tubes/heater core to get blocked. Pull the two hoses off at the Water pump/rad and hook up a garden hose and flush it out.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

you guys missed the key words "airflow drops to next to nothing" whats probably happened is that the external fins on the heater core are covered with **** it often happens when they have been leaking (slightly) and dirt and crap is stuck to it not letting air through so in other words no amount of flushing is going to help you since the part where air flows though is plugged you need a new heater core
Old 10-22-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

i have access to a entire ac unit that i can pull the heater core out of. If you are interested in it it will be a cheap replacement
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heat on my car never blew out as hard/fast as the AC or VENT, If your feeling cold the Heater Core is prob blocked, When I swapped mine it (easy fix), it made the car toasty warm, also, run a stock temp thermo.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
you guys missed the key words "airflow drops to next to nothing" whats probably happened is that the external fins on the heater core are covered with **** it often happens when they have been leaking (slightly) and dirt and crap is stuck to it not letting air through so in other words no amount of flushing is going to help you since the part where air flows though is plugged you need a new heater core
So what would you recommend me doing?

Quick Reply: I'm Freezing My ASS off!