LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New to lt1, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to lt1, need help

Hello guys, im new to the lt1's i have been mostly racing Mustangs with 302s. Recently i got gifted a 93 Camaro Z28 and im going to upgrade a bit. My plan is an eagle rotating assembly 383 forged, trickflow genx heads for supercharger, a lift .584/ .579 comp cam, Vortech S-trim supercharger (Friend of mine sells em and i can get it cheaper than a procharger), and the required bolt-ons.

It's got an automatic tranny (first time i build a car with an auto) and im kinda stuck between what stall rpm should go. Someone told me to go 350 but im not sure Btw im gonna drop 3.73 gears. Also is my cam to big for my build or will it support my boost nicely? And what kind of numbers can i expect with low boost say 8 pounds?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axval
Hello guys, im new to the lt1's i have been mostly racing Mustangs with 302s. Recently i got gifted a 93 Camaro Z28 and im going to upgrade a bit. My plan is an eagle rotating assembly 383 forged, trickflow genx heads for supercharger, a lift .584/ .579 comp cam, Vortech S-trim supercharger (Friend of mine sells em and i can get it cheaper than a procharger), and the required bolt-ons.

It's got an automatic tranny (first time i build a car with an auto) and im kinda stuck between what stall rpm should go. Someone told me to go 350 but im not sure Btw im gonna drop 3.73 gears. Also is my cam to big for my build or will it support my boost nicely? And what kind of numbers can i expect with low boost say 8 pounds?

Thanks
well first off...your deffinatley gonna need a stall at least 3000rpm or higher...and dont skimp out on them either...get a yank or a vig...you cant go wrong with them....and as for the cam...get all of your engine specs....i mean everything...what you plan to use the car for...street or stip....and give comp cams a call and have them custom grind you a cam. You will make better power with a custom grind then with a off the shelf cam...espically since you are supercharging...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply bad, i forgot to mention this car is prolly gonna be a DD as i work only 2 miles away from my house and see some action thursday nights and maybe weekends at the track.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay....dont forget to tell whoever tunes the car (pcmforless,madz28..etc.) that the car will most like be a DD...this will help with some fuel economy and streetability issues.

Quick Reply: New to lt1, need help