LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A Big Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A Big Thank You

On behalf of the LTX Shootout crew we would like to thank everyone that attended. We would also like to thank those who supported the event but were not able to attend. We are happy to inform it was a successful event. Lots of fast cars, show cars, and fun. Can't wait to see the magazine coverage and chosen feature cars.

This event would have not been a success without the help from our sponsors! We greatly appreciate them and hope they will help out next year as well. Lets show them support for supporting us. Call them for your next round of mods.

Time to start planning for next year!

Thank U's to:

LTX Crew: Tony Shepherd, Kyle McKenzie, Scott Mazoch, Brian Townsend, Sean Gustin, Kelly Shepherd, Jessica Mazoch, Kendra Gustin

other organizers: Tony Nichols, Ellis Groo, Chris Sykora, Taner Bosnali, Jeff Gilbert, Jason Brisson, Ray Hinton, Dave Norquist, Josh Hammond,...plus many more!

KCIR and staff

GMHTP Magazine: John Ulasek

FSC Magazine

Track photographer: Jason Golden

Sponsors: Speed Data Solutions (Title Sponsor), Custom SSI, Nitrous Outlet, Canadian Performance, Air Flow Research, Speed Secrets, BMR Fabrication, SixSpeedsInc.com, Pro-Charger, New Covenant Performance, Bullock Performance, LS1LT1.com

(if I left someone out please let me know)

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 04-21-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish stuff like this happened on the east coast. sounded like fun!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did a great job Tony! Glad we could help.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent job guys. It was definately a great event.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:00 PM
8 Second Club

Thank YOU Tony! Glad to be a part of it!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony,

I'm glad that your first race was a success. The feedback has been excellent. It really sounds like everyone had a good time.

Work on the N/A rules a little and I will bring something next year.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Great work guys
Old 04-21-2008, 04:03 PM
8 Second Club

I was very impressed with how the event went off. The weather most likely kept some cars from attending but the turnout was good.
Tony , it was great to meet you and your crew . This was a fantastic start of hopefully many more to come LT1 events . Total grassroots effort unlike the GM Factory support that the LS1's received. Maybe now they will see that the LT1 is worthy of some support too.

Thanks to all the people that showed for the event it was a blast ,I wish that things had been finished sooner on my part and could have brought my car . Oh well there's always next year.
Big Thanks to all who put this together!

PS You Texans are CRAZY!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Hey guys....I just want to reiterate what Tony said. We had a BLAST this weekend. The event was GREAT & I don't think it could have gone any better than it did.

I really wanted to thank YOU GUYS, the LT1 family!!!! You guys were AWESOME. Some people drove upwards of 1000 miles one way to get there & that's what makes this event special. With out you guys we have no event.

So keep working, the event will be a go next year for sure. Once we get all the details Ironed out everyone will be informed.

Thanks again guys for ONE HELL OF A 1ST EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by solid95z; 04-21-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

thanks again for taking the initiative! it was a fun filled event, most definitely looking forward to next year.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:03 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a baller time, down for next year. But ill bring my **** box

Tony.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

ill see if continental will let me tie mine to the roof of the fuselage next year, im a member of their onepass, so they should
Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

I for 1 didn't make it, But i would like to thank you guys as well for trying to get the LT1 noticed again. I hope to make it next year with my car, as long as my car is done by then. Thanks Again! And glad you guys all had a good time. Wish I was there!

James
Old 04-21-2008, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

I want to thank Tony and everyone else who helped make this happen. It sounds like it was a great time that I missed. I did not get to go this year because of family reason's but will be there next year. My only request is that we can have it a little lated in the year so us northern guys can get in some track time before the event.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Tony for making this event happen and thanks to all the sponsors for supporting us.

See everyone next year
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like you guys put on a great event. With the mag coverage and a year to spread the word it can't help but grow. Actually..like Z8s said. For a grass roots effort you guys had about 50 percent turnout compaired to a factory backed and heavily promoted LSx shootout(months of full page mag ads.). Great job guys. Can't wait to be able to race in it next year.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:29 AM
TECH Resident

I had a freakin blast. I been to the track before but it was the first time I ever ran a bracket. It was very interesting and whole lot of fun.
Thanks to everyone who busted their *** to make this happen and to all the bad *** cars that showed up.
Would love to do it again next year.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z8'S
I was very impressed with how the event went off. The weather most likely kept some cars from attending but the turnout was good.
Tony , it was great to meet you and your crew . This was a fantastic start of hopefully many more to come LT1 events . Total grassroots effort unlike the GM Factory support that the LS1's received. Maybe now they will see that the LT1 is worthy of some support too.

Thanks to all the people that showed for the event it was a blast ,I wish that things had been finished sooner on my part and could have brought my car . Oh well there's always next year.
Big Thanks to all who put this together!

PS You Texans are CRAZY!
I resemble the above comment! Had a great time! It was good to put some faces with names! Managed to get my car down the track a few times without anything falling off of it! WOOHOO!!! Cant wait for next year! BIG THANKS to the LTX Shootout Crew!

Mec
Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I for one want to apologize for not being able to attend. I was unable to resolve my loss of 2nd gear prior to having to trailer out there to KC (From california it's quite a haul) I stayed up till 2AM with my transmission guy while he attempted to convince me that UPS will not deliver parts at 3AM. I did have the car finished and dynoed albeit I don't think it was completely optimized but oh well..... I would have loved to compete cause I think i had the NA guys covered

either way I am sad for not being able to attend but it gives me time to work out all the gremlins i'm surely going to experience the next few months.... Plus by next year I'll be running the biggest shot the motor can take and feel comfortable doing so....

I'm glad you guys had a great time and helping out organize the classes was fun. can't wait till next year. Let's try and have it closer to the west coast this time..
Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

sounds like a great time. I too will do everything I can to be there next year if it happens again. Thanks to all who put this on.

Quick Reply: A Big Thank You