LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ABS INOP and Cooling fans

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS INOP and Cooling fans

Ok soooooo, went to make a pass at the track saturday and got kicked off cause my car decided to pop the Fan/ACTUR fuse so the fans never kicked on and boiled the coolant out the overflow bottle tube, filled it back up, changed the fuse, now the fans aren't kickin on at all (they came on after I changed the fuse) the fuse is fine as I double checked that, but I'm throwing a Cooling Fan #1 curcuit code, as well as an EGR code, and a CCP module failure code,(CCP module is on order)..any idea why they aren't kickin on?? and aslo My ABS INOP light is on and it's bugggin the hell out of me cause eveytime this light pops on, I have no blinkers, Left or right....been told to try cleaning the ABS sensors on the front disc...
Old 05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Ok soooooo, went to make a pass at the track saturday and got kicked off cause my car decided to pop the Fan/ACTUR fuse so the fans never kicked on and boiled the coolant out the overflow bottle tube, filled it back up, changed the fuse, now the fans aren't kickin on at all (they came on after I changed the fuse) the fuse is fine as I double checked that, but I'm throwing a Cooling Fan #1 curcuit code, as well as an EGR code, and a CCP module failure code,(CCP module is on order)..any idea why they aren't kickin on?? and aslo My ABS INOP light is on and it's bugggin the hell out of me cause eveytime this light pops on, I have no blinkers, Left or right....been told to try cleaning the ABS sensors on the front disc...
Did you check th 3rd brake light for the ABS problem? My middle brake light was out and that was causing the INOP light to come on.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Do your fans come on when the AC is on?
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1bad72
Do your fans come on when the AC is on?
they didn't eariler, but My car no longer has A/C, no compressor, condenser, and the A/C relay has been pulled for about a year.....
Old 05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Counted Out
Did you check th 3rd brake light for the ABS problem? My middle brake light was out and that was causing the INOP light to come on.
thanks for the heads up, one of the 3rd brake lights was out......
Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump....and as far as the Fan on when the A/C is on the answer is no, Fans never kcik on now......