LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EWP problems...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EWP problems...

Ok so i did a search, and couldn't really find an answer to my question. I installed a meziere EWP on my LT1 and its leaking like crazy! Its leaking either out of the weephole or the back of the pump where the freeze plug is; I haven't gotten a chance to pull the pump to be sure which. It leaks before even having pressure on it. Pour cooloant in, and it leaks. My freeze plug (provided by meziere) did not fit well at all when installed. it was pretty loose in the hole, so i siliconed it in, per meziere instructions. I was afraid it would leak. I guess my question is should I have siliconed the weep hole, and is the freeze plug supposed to fit tight? The freeze plug falls right through the hole in the pump without the silicone. Sorry for the long post, just trying to provide as much info as possible.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Freez plug needs to be installed from inside the pump, not on the backside. The way you did it the weep hole is not being sealed by anything. Should be able to go to just about any parts store and get a 1 1/8" freeze plug to put on the inside.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try that.

Quick Reply: EWP problems...