LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

clutch pedal stuck to floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal stuck to floor

has anyone had any issues ever with their LT1 T56 clutch pedal sticking to the floor? Mine just did it but i am not able to even push the clutch pedal down to the floor, it feels like my clutch fork is lodged against something but i pulled the fork out and realigned it and still have nothing. anyone have any input? im going to be bleeding my clutch line this week sometime and see if that helps since all the ls1 guys say to do that but something tells me this is a bit different than their usual problems. i would be willing to explain the full detailed situation for someone who is willing to listen
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

How many miles are on your clutch master cylinder? Slave?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

we are all willing to listen.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

And please, describe the crap out of it......It makes things a whole lot easier....I mean EVERYTHING.......Just stop short of what your wearing today.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

the clutch is a spec stage 2+ and has about 8k on it. its driven hard, i mean i work that thing like it says its made for. but i dont know if anyone has ever experienced how a clutch pedal feels trying to be pushed if the clutch fork was ever placed on the wrong side of the throwout bearing. It will literally not let you push the clutch pedal down to the floor, it has so much resistance and is pushing against something obviously (hence the wrong side of the t.o. bearing) but I left a stop sign shifting into second (driving easily since its in my home town where cops are bitches) and when i got out of first the pedal stuck to the floor, then when it came out i was not able to push it into the floor again, so i immediately thought it was a clutch fork issue since thats how it felt from my previous mistake. I did try to push the pedal down enough to start it but the clutch fork was still hitting the clutch so it didnt work. i read an article in the manual transmission section on here and ls1 guys have the same issue but their clutch pedals all stay sucked to the floor where i cant push mine to the floor, this is why i think its a throwout bearing issue. I am going to bleed the clutch fluid and check/replace the clutch master cyl/slave cyl before i end up going to buy a $600 spec stage 3, but any input you guys have would be an awesome help
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it does not sound good. The LTx clutch works Backwards of the LSx clutch BTW.

It sounds like the clutch may have came apart and is stacked.

Good luck man!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

ha yeah thanks. not looking forward to it.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

actually thats why i was thinking that it may be the same issue as the LSX people have since their clutch setup is a push style and LTX is a pull style, but i could be wrong i am just throwing desperate ideas out in order to save myself time and money hahah
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Just take off the slave cylinder and see what the problem is.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal stuck to floor