Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just Installed Monster Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just Installed Monster Stage 3

The car is a 402, Moser 9", full suspension, etc....488rwhp

After I had some issues with another expensive clutch, I decided to try something new. I went with a Monster Stage 3 ordered from Tick Performance. The major reason for going with Monster was customer service. I believe this to be the biggest factor that influences purchasing decisions. I was very impressed with the service I had seen from Monster. They were also very helpful in answering my questions in a quick manner. Of course Tick Performance is on the top of my list too! Joey and the guys at Tick have been helpful to me and my friends in service and quality. Two thumbs up to both of you!!

Now to the clutch...
I was impressed with the quality of the pieces. The pressure plate, disc, and flywheel look much better than my previous clutch. The only install issue I had was the flywheel didnt go on. Easy fix...a few minutes with a rat tail file to take off maybe .05mm of material let the flywheel slide right onto the crank.

I used the Tick bleeder line which made the job 10000000 times easier to bleed the clutch!! So nice to not be laying under the car getting covered in fluid!!

Took it for a quick test and everything is good. Engagement is smooth! I have zero chatter! The pedal catches in the mid-upper range. Great pedal pressure throughout the pedal travel. Its a bit stiffer than stock...I say its not too stiff and not too soft. Based on other clutches I have felt, its a hair stiffer than Textralia but not as stiff as Spec 3 and no where close to Ram!

Overall, Im very excited and ready to get some basic miles on it and start really testing it at the track!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black8Banger
The car is a 402, Moser 9", full suspension, etc....488rwhp

After I had some issues with another expensive clutch, I decided to try something new. I went with a Monster Stage 3 ordered from Tick Performance. The major reason for going with Monster was customer service. I believe this to be the biggest factor that influences purchasing decisions. I was very impressed with the service I had seen from Monster. They were also very helpful in answering my questions in a quick manner. Of course Tick Performance is on the top of my list too! Joey and the guys at Tick have been helpful to me and my friends in service and quality. Two thumbs up to both of you!!

Now to the clutch...
I was impressed with the quality of the pieces. The pressure plate, disc, and flywheel look much better than my previous clutch. The only install issue I had was the flywheel didnt go on. Easy fix...a few minutes with a rat tail file to take off maybe .05mm of material let the flywheel slide right onto the crank.

I used the Tick bleeder line which made the job 10000000 times easier to bleed the clutch!! So nice to not be laying under the car getting covered in fluid!!

Took it for a quick test and everything is good. Engagement is smooth! I have zero chatter! The pedal catches in the mid-upper range. Great pedal pressure throughout the pedal travel. Its a bit stiffer than stock...I say its not too stiff and not too soft. Based on other clutches I have felt, its a hair stiffer than Textralia but not as stiff as Spec 3 and no where close to Ram!

Overall, Im very excited and ready to get some basic miles on it and start really testing it at the track!

Good to hear. I too bought Monster just from the fact that they had GREAT customer service, and even as I am typing, still, to teh bset of my knowledge, have yet to receive any type of negative feedback on their clutch.

Another satisfied customer!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

My Level 3 is on order and I am pumped!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gen414
Good to hear. I too bought Monster just from the fact that they had GREAT customer service, and even as I am typing, still, to teh bset of my knowledge, have yet to receive any type of negative feedback on their clutch.

Another satisfied customer!

Hey, I just noticed that you live in Pearland!!! I am moving to Baytown / Mont Belvieu area this summer. I work with Rolls-Royce over in Pearland and visit frequently!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Monster clutch svc!

I have been thru 2 ram hd pwr grp with less than 5k on both & only 20 track passes.i have been running a stick for 25 yrs & have seen many issues .steve at snl/monster clutch are very !!!!!! Good at taking care of thier customers & standing behind the product.i have a stg 3 still in break in.'72ss camaro,ls1 m6,ms3,stg 2.5 5.3's,4:11's,92/92,470 rwh.good pedal on new clutch not near as hard as the ram.also istalled a q/t blowproof blhsg cuz i luv my toes!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pinky93
Hey, I just noticed that you live in Pearland!!! I am moving to Baytown / Mont Belvieu area this summer. I work with Rolls-Royce over in Pearland and visit frequently!!

Really? I have been in Pearland for 9 yrs, and did not know their was a Rolls Royce dealer here? The only RolLs dealer I know of is by the Galleria on teh SW side of Houston.

I am familiar with Baytown, as obviously that is our only access to a 1/4 mile track @ here.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words Black8Banger, and thank you for your order! I know Steve@Monster appreciates it, as well.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:53 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks to all you guys for the positive feedback!

And thank you Joey and the guys out at Tick Performance, you guys are a great asset to our organization!

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000
Old 03-04-2009, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Oops, sorry.... I work on Rolls-Royce gas turbine engines, similar to the ones that they hang on the wings of planes.....

Actually, Rolls-Royce sold the naming rights of the automobiles to BMW a few years back.....
Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 AM
FormerVendor

Oops, sorry.... I work on Rolls-Royce gas turbine engines, similar to the ones that they hang on the wings of planes.....

Actually, Rolls-Royce sold the naming rights of the automobiles to BMW a few years back.....

Fair enough. Tells you how much I think of Rolls Royce though.

Good luck on the move, however, you are coming at the ABSOLUTE worst time of year if you are coming this summer. I used to like the heat, but fawk that, I want to move some place cool...

Quick Reply: Just Installed Monster Stage 3