Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Vibration in clutch and locked out of 2 and 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vibration in clutch and locked out of 2 and 3

So last night I was driving home when I noticed a weird vibration in my clutch pedal when I was stopped and at idle. When moving or when at higher revs the vibration went away. Then when coming to a stop and down shifting I could not get my car into 3rd at first and when I tried to put it into 2nd it would not go in there either. I tried bringing the revs up and it still would allow me in. I came to a complete stop and placed the car in 1st. On take off I was allowed to cycle through the gears and I had no further problems the rest of the evening.

Then this morning as I was driving to work, maybe two blocks maximum, I was again unable to get my car into 2nd or 3rd. Not sure if this is a clutch or transmission problem. Maybe a throw out bearing. Wondering really if anyone else has had this problem? And will it be a cheap fix or a pricey fix? Thanks for any help yall might have.

Monroe
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Ok so now it is grinding getting into 2nd and 3rd ...

Does anyone possibly know what might be the problem or I am just S.O.L and need to change the clutch and or the transmission?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the engagement point of the clutch relative to pedal travel?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Where is the engagement point of the clutch relative to pedal travel?

The engagement point feels the same as always, I havent noticed a change there. It has always been about 1/3-1/2 way.

The only real issue with the clutch pedal is the weird vibration when at a stop and at idle. When revs are added the vibration goes away or is masked.