Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch master cylinder removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch master cylinder removal

ok. so im taking the master cylinder out but having issues. i have removed the u-bolt that holds it in but cant get the damn thing out. its like there isnt enough room in the enginge bay to do this. do i have to un hook my steering shaft to get it out. it just wont swivell so i can get it out. an i dont want to have to drop the motor again. anyone have a solution thanks.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

or do i have ro remove the header?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it will come out with out hte removal of any other engine or steering linkage. Did you remove the clip that holds the clutch pedal to the master cylinder and the disconnect the stainless hoes from the transmission?

If you have remove that the best way to remove them is to reach your hand around the booster and grab the cylinder base. Pull the cylinder and pull down and towards the number 1 spark plug. Then up and over the steering shaft and then it is out. I would soak the fluid in the resivor with a paper towel and remove the resivor. Tends to make a less mess.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

the trans is not even in tha car so the line is free. an yes the clip is off so the cylinder is free. i can get it out bout 4in but that it. think i might just pull the the steering shaft. looks like it would be easy with that out of the way

Quick Reply: clutch master cylinder removal