Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Power loss with LS7 Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss with LS7 Clutch

I just upped my power output on my 01 C5 to 430/418 and the first time I tried to run through the gears my clutch pedal stuck to the floor. Looks like it's time for a new clutch, or do you think a Ticks adj mc would correct this?? I've read about how heavy the LS7 clutch is and that's it's a power robber. But, just how much power do you lose???

I don't track the car but do like to run thru the gears a little short of redline every now and then and don't want the damn clutch sticking to the floor. From all I've read I think it would be just fine for me, but when you pay so much for HP you don't want to turn around and do something that's going to take much if any away.

Anybody got any ideas of what I'd lose, say compared to a Textralia or Monster'; etc,etc. Appreciate any info.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

If you're not going to the track often you could always get a lighter flywheel to go with it and not worry about the extra weight, but that's more $
Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

anyone else???
Old 05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like it's more your hydraulics making the clutch stick, but I could be wrong. It might be worth a try installing the tick before getting a new clutch
Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

Try flushing the clutch fluid and if that does not correct the problem, your pressure plate is most likely failing. I think a Monster Level 2 would be great for your car.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I switched from a LS7 to a Monster stg 3. Best money Ive spent in a long time. Great customer service and a quality piece.

If you really arent concerned about the track the LS7 might do the trick for ya. But it could just be the master/slave. If its the slave you might as well do the clutch while your at it. Just my .02
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
It sounds like it's more your hydraulics making the clutch stick, but I could be wrong. It might be worth a try installing the tick before getting a new clutch
Actually, it sounds like a roll of the dice. I feel like I want to just try installing the Ticks adj mc and see if that does it. I've read a ton of people have just installed a new clutch (LS7, Tex, Monster, Spec, etc and have not had the sticking clutch problem any more. Then again I've read where they had the new clutch but still had to have the new mc pumping more fluid. For the money involved I think I'll try the Ticks mc first and see what happens. Appreciate the opinions.

Quick Reply: Power loss with LS7 Clutch