Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Why is my clutch doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is my clutch doing this?

I've been driving around in my T56 swap for about a week now. Not a lot of problems but one that is nagging me. I bled the clutch 3 times now. When I go to put it in first, its like it doesn't want to go. Slave cylinder was upgraded by person I bought trans from. He's supposed to be sending me the tick master which I hope fixes all this. But I'm kinda on the broke side and was hoping to be able to sell it when it gets here. But if I can't get this to work, I'll just have to install it. Cause this is driving me nuts. And the pedal sticks about halfway back up sometimes. Not even on hard shifts. Like after I've held it for a few minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard that IF you have a LT1 style set of pedals that can create your issue. Just throwing it out there.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I swapped the lt1 pedals for the ls1 pedals already. This is something in the hydraulics.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The truest way to ensure NO air in the system is to Gravity Bleed the system and then hook it up and then from there do the bleeding proceedures.

Make sure you have help. Have the helper in the car, PUSH DOWN AND HOLD DOWN THE CLUTCH PEDAL, Then you crack the bleeder and it will squirt out fluid. Tighten and have them release.

ALSO DO NOT PUMP THE PEDAL.

I took a BRAND NEW Tick Perf Clutch master and in a matter of doing the above proceedure 3 times (then refill on resivoire) it was perfect and drove perfect ever since.