Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master cylinder seal....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Master cylinder seal....

While doing the adjustable master cylinder mod on my 01 trans am everything was going good until I ripped one of the piston seals as I was putting it back together. Been searching for months and cant find one, ordered a custom made one from a hydraulic shop for like $5 and after a month I didn't receive it and come to find out they canceled my order because they were unable to make it. Ive searched occasionally every now and then for about 6 months with no luck for either the seal or even a broken master cylinder. Anyone know where you can order just the seal (or know an alternate vehicle that has a matching seal).I know a stock master cylinder is cheap ~$100 or so but damn, this one has like 1k miles on it and I dont wanna toss it just yet. The car has been sitting for 6 months and with the weather getting cool here im getting the itch to drive it again! Hell id even buy a broken master cylinder and salvage the seals if the price was right and I could find one...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

6 months with no luck? It may just be easier to buy another stock master.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

pm sent
Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Circa307
pm sent
do share
Old 10-16-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

TALLY< i just told him that i would sell my stock MC cuz i will be getting a tick unit.

BTW good write up on the turbo
Old 10-16-2010, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

I've got an adjustable RAM unit sitting on my desk. The adjustable RAM is essentially a OEM master with their adjustable rod on the end of it from what I've read. Got almost half-way into swapping mine and decided to bag it. The whole process is a huge PITA and I will do this swap once, and with a Tick unit. Nothing against the RAM unit at all, but I will NEED the Tick unit to go as fast as I would like to with my new engine and built T56. PM me if you want to work something out.

Quick Reply: Master cylinder seal....