Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tough decision, to many options

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tough decision, to many options

I had some rough outings at the track this last summer and now my clutch isn't any longer in its prime. Thats fine though because this winter it will either be getting heads/cam or a procharger so I would need to replace it anyway.

So in the near future I will have max 500hp/480ish tq. I would like to get a clutch that is capable up to 600hp so I have room to grow in the future as well.

There are a lot of options so I dont know what direction is best for my case. I want to have near stock feeling, I am OK with some more clutch pedal force but I dont want it any worse than my buddies 94 Viper.

So what do you guys think do I have to go twin disk or is there some single disc options that would work as well? I dont care so much about the budget as I do pedal feel and capability for me to drive it hard at the track with good durability and yet retain really great street manners. The car sees the track about 6 times a year so it is mainly a street car so that is the most important but I want it to live through those 6 times per year over several years.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Take a look at the thread titled "Clutch Recommendation for 600 RWHP..."
Old 10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Cool

I recommend the Diamond Stage 2. It's a 12" dual friction setup, and has a 12mo/12k warranty. It drives very very close to stock and will hold 600hp with no problem. Price is $409 for the basic kit, and $759 for the kit with the lightweight chromoly flywheel and new slave cylinder. If you buy the complete kit, then we pay the shipping, so $759 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. Feel free to do searches for TDP or Diamond clutch and you'll find nothing but good feedback here. Also, check the links in my sig. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TDP
I recommend the Diamond Stage 2. It's a 12" dual friction setup, and has a 12mo/12k warranty. It drives very very close to stock and will hold 600hp with no problem. Price is $409 for the basic kit, and $759 for the kit with the lightweight chromoly flywheel and new slave cylinder. If you buy the complete kit, then we pay the shipping, so $759 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. Feel free to do searches for TDP or Diamond clutch and you'll find nothing but good feedback here. Also, check the links in my sig. Thanks!
First shop to respond, I appriciate you taking the time. Your now at the top of the short list of shops I was considering buying these parts from.