Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Touch of griding into 1,2 gears...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch of griding into 1,2 gears...advice?

I just bought the car a week ago, but it kind of hangs up going into 1st and 2nd, sometime other gears, but doesn't make a "grind" or "striping" sound, just is a firm click, is this normal? For the first time today it kind of grinded going into first when I was toying around and downshifting, the clutch was all the way to the floor.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

It might be you master cylinder. Im going through something similar. Im going with the tick master.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

I had my t56 rebuilt about 6 months ago and since day one I have gotten a little fraction of a second that it feels like something is clashing as it goes into 2nd

it's not all the time, but pretty often (only on low rpm shifts) yet it never grinds. you can't hear it, just a very slight tap as it slides into gear, sort of hesitates for a hair of a second. shifts great right up to 6k rpm though so who knows. I have a short stick and aluminum **** so I'm sure I can feel a lot more than most guys with stock stuff.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

well I have a two year unlimited mile warranty, so odds are im just getting stock replacements for this stuff thats covered..which is fine by me..just HATE the feeling when i shift..but oh well, I don't think that I'll be lucky enough to have a tranny rebuild done/covered by warranty til it really goes, seeing as how the car only has 78xxx on it..
Old 03-11-2011, 04:18 AM
On The Tree

I would say you need to check your clutch first before just assuming the T56 needs rebuilt... It may not be disengaging all the way..

See master cylinder/slave in search.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sargeant Shitbag
I would say you need to check your clutch first before just assuming the T56 needs rebuilt... It may not be disengaging all the way..

See master cylinder/slave in search.
It seems like it isnt disengaging, I smelled clutch a lot over the past few days, and all i do is mainly highway driving, so I'll get under it and see what I'm able to find out.