Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help! New Clutch Checklist and ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! New Clutch Checklist and ??'s

I am going to put a LS7 clutch in my 02 T/A but am confused on what parts to order. I am looking for long term reliability. The car is a cruiser that may see a handful of passes over the years. The car has 72k miles.

So far I have the following.
LS7 clutch package.
New slave cylinder. Is the slave the same as the throw out bearing?
Example this one
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=838

What else do I need?
Pilot bearing?
Throw-out bearing?

I don't want to do the Master cyl, because I have a 02 one.

Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Speed bleeder is always a good idea while your in there. Will make it alot easier to bleed from what I hear...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Teching In

In addition to your list, I would recommend new flywheel bolts, and I will heartily second the recommendation for a speed bleeder. I popped the money for one and bleeding the clutch has gone from nearly impossible, to quite pleasant.

If you get a speed bleeder, I would recommend the one from Eastcoast Performance, that's the one I have, and it routes nicely up into the engine bay. I zip-tied mine right next to the clutch master cylinder so that it is easy to get at.

Depending on where you get your slave cylinder from, it may or may not come with a throwout bearing.

I would give Mike at Eastcoast Performace a call he really helped me out. I just finished installing an LS7 clutch from him. His shipping was ridiculously fast, and he really took the time to help me out by answering my questions.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

From the picture in the link, it looks like Your slave does have the throwout bearing, its the piece that pushes onto the slave cyl. As long as You have the trans. out, replace everything inside the bell: slave cyl/throwout bearing, pilot bushing, disc, pressure plate, and flywheel. The master could be replaced any time, but You sure dont want to be pulling it all apart again in 6 mos. to replace the one component You dont do now.