Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick adj MC

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick adj MC

Hey I was wondering if installing a Tick adj M C would raise the clutch pedal in your car?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everything else in the clutch system being the same, it should lower the pedal some. The larger volume of the tick master cylinder means you need less travel on its end to achieve the same travel from the slave that you did with the stock master.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used one to raise the pedal height (compared to stock) to solve the disengagement issues.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah typically it will lower the clutch pedal height since it pushes more fluid than a stock master.

If it's a higher height then stock, while it may solve disengagement issues, be aware you risk damaging the slave by repeatedly extending it too far. Again remember it moves more fluid than stock, so even at the same height you would be pushing the slave out further. The better option would be to shim the clutch to get the proper engagement.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had to go to 13 turns the other day to fix my disengagement issues. I was at 8 turns, I'm significantly higher on my pedal than stock. Monster Stage 3.5. Going to do a flush this week. Checked fluid and not losing any, but contaminated.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys once again. That is exactly the problem I am having. New Slave and stock master cylinder were replaced along with new SPEC 2+ clutch. We are having the same problems since it was put back together. It was shimmed with one provided from spec. My friend thinks the adj MC will fix problem but I didn't want to replace the brand new one he already installed. Talked to spec about problem some but we are wondering about flywheel. They took the factory one to machine shop and had it resurfaced. Instructions from spec said no more than .15 material removed. Not sure how much was removed so it might need to be shimmed more or new flywheel? can we shim it more ? what flywheel would anyone recommend if it needs replaced? I am not going crazy with this car but I am puting performance parts on it to make it faster and more durable.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I recently installed a spec 2+ with a tick master and so far so good but only got about 600 miles on it. I didnt use the shim spec supplies because there would have been a 0 gap between the forks and tob according to my measurements. I did however use a .050 shim to make up the difference shaved off my flywheel which was at .76. I have my pedal set about halfway between the brake and floor.

Quick Reply: Tick adj MC