Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Had Everything Replaced and/or rebuilt... Whats wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had Everything Replaced and/or rebuilt... Whats wrong??

*Cliffs at bottom*

So my car has 105,xxx miles on the car now, had the stock clutch, pp, flywheel, slave, trans, pilot bearing until about 700 miles ago. Got these installed about 4 weeks ago now:

TDP Stage 2 T56
New Slave
New Pilot Bearing
Diamond Stg 2 Clutch
Diamond 15lb Flywheel
Diamond Stg 2 PP
Remote Bleeder

Had a Tick Master already on since about 96000 miles.

Anyways, had all of that installed and drove it VERY easy for over 500 miles. No problems. Bled it again after break in just to make sure everything was perfect and made sure the master was adjusted good.

About 3 days ago, I pulled up at a light and before it turned green put it in first and held the clutch in until the light changed (about 30 sec) and about 10 seconds after i pushed the pedal down it started grinding (sounds like clutch). Pulled off from the light and it shifted fine no other problems.

A day later, same thing happened 2 times and then later that night it started grinding into almost every gear (not all the time but most). Bled the clutch the next day and it didnt help anything, still random grinding into gear and after the clutch is held in for a bit longer.

Today I put it on jack stands and tried the 1st gear test... No problem. Then the redline test... Tires start to spin about 4000rpms. Adjusted the master out a bit and no difference.

So whats wrong here? Not pointing fingers at anybody or saying TDP has done anything wrong or anything about their products, just trying to fix the issue. I havnt talked to the installer or Jason yet becuase i hope its something easy...

ANY help appreciated!!! Im already in debt and need to get this fixed bc its my dd.

Cliffs:
Grinds into all gears randomly
Clutch grinds after held in for a bit randomly
Old 06-25-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like the hydraulics are not fully disengaging the clutch. Either the master or the slave are allowing fluid to bypass and not building up enough pressure.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Well how could i figure out which one? The slaves brand new and I would hope its not the Tick unit already....
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

subscribed. Sounds like my problem. Every once in a while I have to cycle the clutch to get it into 1st or Reverse. And sometimes if I put the clutch in while in first and hold it for a while, the clutch slowly starts grabbing until the car wants to move forward or stall out.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Mines not doing that but its just the random grinding that pisses me off. I tried to make sure I got everything and quality pieces so I wouldnt have to deal with any problems anymore. Sounds like you have a disengagement issue (me too I believe but not sure how to cure it). Do you have an adj master? If so try the tests I was talking about and see if that helps any if you havnt already.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if you have it nearly 100,000 miles later, but if you have your old master cylinder you could try it to rule out the tick master being bad.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Launching!

It was so bad it had a slow leak inside the car ha. Still have it but it would probably make it even worse.