Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Still probs after Tick Master

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still probs after Tick Master

Just installed a Tick Master for my clutch sticking to the floor.

1st, does everyone elses have a super stiff, short pedal now? Or do I just not have it adjusted right. There is very little play in the clutch and it's super stiff.

2nd, I'm still having a "hiccup" problem at low rpms and when the engine is bogging a little. Right after the clutch engages it stutters a little. This only happens at low rpms when the engine is close to lugging/bogging. Any ideas on either?

FWIW it does go into gear easier that's for sure. But I haven't run through the gears enough yet to see if it's totally fixed the sticking problem. Was bled very well. I got up in 1-2 and it seemed like it did it a little but not as bad...
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is your clutch pedal in reference to the brake pedal? I have mine set to about even with the brake pedal. I find that the closer the clutch pedal to the floor the quicker and shorter my shifts are. The Tick Master does result in a stiffer pedal though, personally I like it.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you replace your slave? Did you get all air out? How much have you driven on it since bled? Known miles on clutch? Any known leaks? Could be sucking air in somewhere from line or slave being bad.

Could have burn spots and uneven wear from previous issues, which now could be causing permanent issues.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Clutch pedal is prob a little shorter than the brake pedal, I guess I will just have to get used to it. In my opinion was a little more drivable before in terms of the pedal.

And no, hadn't replaced the slave, still on the stock clutch. The fluid gets black extremely quick though, I'm figuring it might be the slave all gunned up with clutch dust?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the exact same issues as far as the low RPM 'hiccup' and shuttering from a stop or under load at low rpms. I think it may just be getting used to releasing half as much pedal, doesn't do it as bad if I give it more gas than usual from a dead stop... Hope someone has some great insight to this issue. I hope I'm not about to have to pull my tranny for the third time in 3 months

Quick Reply: Still probs after Tick Master