Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cruise Control Hookup A4 TO M6

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Cruise Control Hookup A4 TO M6

OK guys I've been reading over quite a few threads including the merv's and I'm still a little confused. I'm looking to swap in a t56 into my car over winter so I'm just going over what all needs to be done for the wiring and I just wanted to get clarification here.

Basically what I gather is that under the console there is a harness that goes to the auto shifter and it contains a purple wire, and a green wire which go to the clutch depress switch for starter lockout. Then the brown and light green wire in the harness go to the tranny for reverse lights. Finally the orange and black wires in the harness are simply connected together to make the rear hatch release work? The vss wire under the car will simply just need to be elongated and reconnected to the t56 also.. I think I got that all right but if not someone please chime in.

The thing I still want clarification of though is the cruise control hookup, best I can gather is that there are 2 switches under the dash in the auto's case both are on the brake pedal one is strictly for the cruise and the other does the brake lights, and tcc lockup. From what I see in all the pics I simply put the cruise switch onto the clutch pedal then go to the brake switch and cut the wires that go into the tcc plug and wire them into the cruise switch pigtail on the clutch pedal.

So heres my question the two wires that were cut are in the harness that went to the tcc lockup, do they just go away and I can remove them or should they still be wired into something at the pedals? Finally is there anything else I need to wire in for the swap? At this point I'm left with just the big electrical plug from the auto under the car can I just leave it there and tuck it up and away fromt he transmission or is there something else I need from it?
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

one other question, to hookup the reverse lockout I know that it normally gets its signal wire from a pin on the pcm however short of tearing apart the harness to find the unused wire as in mervs swap I was thinking of hooking it up aother way. It sees people on here have simply wired it into the brake light switch anyone have any comments on that or what wires need to be tapped for it to work.