Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

now what? humming noise and rat.tat.tat

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default now what? humming noise and rat.tat.tat

ok so im not a manual trans guy at all! so i have no idea how to explain this but...

just started yesterday that i know of, when i dis engage (let the clutch out) in any gear its seems...Im getting a pretty loud humming noise that i can feel in the console area and hear from the trans. also at certain times im getting a rat tat tat tat tat kinda sound along with the humming. Seems to be at low RPM's
and it seems like its getting harder to get into gear....reverse for sure!

and it may just be in my head and thinking more problems that i really have but i kinda feel a vibration in the car while cruising down the highway

whats problems am i have now?

THIS IS MY DD

thanks

Last edited by stroked383HSR; 01-21-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like mine im trying to figure out what it is too, when ever i take off in first especially up hill it makes a wierd noise hard to explain but it does make like a ticking/knocking noise sorta and my gears seem like they wine more then they should especially first. hope someone can help me out on what it is. I was thinking maybe the clutch or flywheel problem also somtimes when i take off it shakes a little when letting out the clutch like the springs/dampners went bad on the clutch plate but any info i can get would be awesome thanks!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude im not trying to be a dick...but how bout starting your own thread with your problem.
I dont have a gear whine, my noise is not a ticking noise and it has nothing to do with going up hill.

sorry bro
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It,s all good. If you could tell me how to that'd be cool i'm new to this site so i'm trying to figure it out still. sorry...

Quick Reply: now what? humming noise and rat.tat.tat