Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Did It Again!!!!! One Qustion Though???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick Master Did It Again!!!!! One Qustion Though???

Most people already know, but the Tick master cylinder did it again! I was having problems with my hydrolic system it kept loosing pressure, even after a new master cylinder and the drill mod. So yesterday I put my new Tick Master in, wasn't too bad would have been nice to have a helping hand but I got it in by myself. It took me about a total or 2 hours to do everything including adjusting it and driving around some. After a little adjustment it was the first time in the 2 months of owning my camaro that I could actually "****** a gear", lets just say the tires had no chance in 2nd gear haha!! But the pedal feels so much better too a little stiffer and you don't have to press it very far for the full movement. Just one question if someone can answer, how do I know if I've adjusted it to far out????? I don't think I did but I just want to make sure I'm not goin to mess anything up???
Old 01-15-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chock the front wheels, jack up the rear wheels until they're off the ground, start the car, take off the e-brake and put it in 1st gear. With the clutch pedal still depressed slowly rev the car to redline while looking at(or having someone else look at) the rear wheels. If they don't move then you know the master is adjusted properly because the slave is completely releasing the clutch.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See I was told just go out and do some high rev shifting to make sure it's adjusted properly after the first adjustment of just slowly trying to get it into 1st gear, without any grinding or problems. All of which I did, and everythings working great. I will try that though too..
Old 01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodude06
See I was told just go out and do some high rev shifting to make sure it's adjusted properly after the first adjustment of just slowly trying to get it into 1st gear, without any grinding or problems. All of which I did, and everythings working great. I will try that though too..
Why would you want to do high rev shifting before you know if the MC is adjusted properly...?

If it's shifting fine and the wheels don't move then it's adjusted properly.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed my tickmaster adjustable, and in the instructions it says to just keep adjusting it until its easiest to get get into gear without having to force it, thats all.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Did It Again!!!!! One Qustion Though???