Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Added a super easy fill tube for inside the car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Added a super easy fill tube for inside the car.

posted this in my build thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...h-diet-37.html
Originally Posted by studderin
Took my pro50 apart to clean it good, and re grease. And did somthing Ive been wanting to try for a while.

now I can fill the trans without removing the shifter

didn't think this fill tube setup would work. But I could just put a plug in it and still better better then no fill hole. But it dose with a little length of 3/8 tube (maybe 2, 2 1/4inch long) to get it past (while sealed) to inside the car, right in the middle easy to get to. And still fits under the leather shifter boot.
No more or pulling shifter, the console, or floor boot. Just unclip the boot, pull it up or to the side, put a funnel in the tube. I capped the hose end (solid plug), and it just sits there all sealed up. And easier to get the fluid level right with the trans pump (add more). Gota find out how you set that?
Also went to studs for the shifter, keep the threads in the trans better. Getting a little worn over the years, and now the crazy shifting.
m8 x 45 or 50mm work great, if you what to change to studs.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting.... not sure why you'd ever need to refill the trans fluid without removing the shifter since it needs to come off for a clutch swap, but good thinking and excellent execution none the less!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you remove the shifter to fill the trans. Why not just use the fill plug.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once a year fluid change, I try to do. And fluid change a few 100 miles after a rebuild most places would like you to do. Putting the motor and trans in from the bottom, keep the shifter it. Not put the fluid in until the TA and DS are back in, and the cars level.
I'm gonna be adding a gear cluster pump too, and not sure how to set the fluid level, pump off, or pump on? So that will be easier to top off for that.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neat idea!

Quick Reply: Added a super easy fill tube for inside the car.